Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tomorrow we’ll show you the C7 Corvette (can't say if its real or BS but here goes)

In 2014 my 92 ZR-1 will still be in my garage! It will be 3 more years until I have an "Antique Vehicle License Plate" on it. Maybe by 2017 the "Obamanation Depression" will be over and I will drive my "Antique Vette" in a local 4th of July parade in my hometown to celebrate.

I will never own a CaddyMaroVette -- no way NEVER!

ZR-1-DAM-A-ZR-1813x545-2.jpg

Attachments

• ZR-1CORVETTESUNRISEFINAL.jpg
    ZR-1CORVETTESUNRISEFINAL.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 65
The more I look at it the more I think it looks like a 4th generation Camaro (93-02) with Corvette styling hints. So, I hope this isn't it.

The more I look at it the more I think it looks like a 4th generation Camaro (93-02) with Corvette styling hints. So, I hope this isn't it.

If it is, I guess you can go buy your new C6 now.:L

doubt this is it!

GM is secretly praising Jalopnick for making the C7 have some media buzz. Lately, there's been nothing to talk about. Whether this is it or not, we're speculating. I'd like to see the interior. (Oh yeah, I sure hope it doesn't look like a friggen C4!)

It looks like the rendering has rear side windows. It also has C-posts. I wonder if these are for rollover protection? The mirror housings I figured would be "Camaroesque" but these aren't. (These are worse.)
I really don't care what the outside looks like (as long as it doesn't look like a pregnant torpedo like a C4.)

Amazing how jalopnick thinks they've got the ZR1 already when it's likely GM doesn't...:eyerole

If it is, I guess you can go buy your new C6 now.:L

Yeah. A 2013 GS convertible is looking more like a player right now!

This rendering looks like a hodgepodge of automotive cliches. Certainly not the "bold" I would expect coming from a guy like Lutz.
The Atlantique, now that was BOLD!ChryslerAtlantiquerear.jpg

GM is secretly praising Jalopnick for making the C7 have some media buzz. Lately, there's been nothing to talk about. Whether this is it or not, we're speculating. I'd like to see the interior. (Oh yeah, I sure hope it doesn't look like a friggen C4!)

It looks like the rendering has rear side windows. It also has C-posts. I wonder if these are for rollover protection? The mirror housings I figured would be "Camaroesque" but these aren't. (These are worse.)
I really don't care what the outside looks like (as long as it doesn't look like a pregnant torpedo like a C4.)

Amazing how jalopnick thinks they've got the ZR1 already when it's likely GM doesn't...:eyerole

My guess would be that GM allowed jalopnik to post those pictures to get feed back on what the final version will be. Most of C7 is probably already set in stone, but they still have plenty of time to tweak the styling here and there to make it look a lot different if they decide to, and hopefully they do with at least the tail lights. :)

"I'm turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so"

Looks like a Nissan GT-R with Camaro tail lights.

But, the big question remains: What's the powerplant?

:eyerole

UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are these designers too lazy to design the new Corvette to look more like the exotics around the world? All they did is take the Cadillac design and put some sharp edges on the current C6, I'll stick with my C6 Z06 any day! Why doesn't GM learn to take some hints from all the beautiful exotics, I mean it's only reshaping body panels? I sure hope this isn't the new C7, what a waste of a design!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about this one?
MidEngineC6a.jpg

Brian,

That link just popped up my Norton Anti-Virus. It shows up as a malicious site.

Yes it was not letting the page load for others as well so the ADM removed the photo.

Funny my AVG did not and even on a special scan pick up anything.

Well that is what happens to us "Pregnant Torpedo Owners" we catch the virus easy ---LOLOL

390224_298_BIGPHOTO-1.jpg

How About This One ???

I just got the press release on this one. Apparently, someone has decided they need to dump another couple million on the ROLEX group(France family) and, by default, NASCAR. I guess they are trying to buy their way back in to the series so they can get some breaks on the rules for the GT class....after they got pretty well screwed over back in 2001. I sympathize with them for the treatment they got but I'm not sure that this is their best use of available funds.

The fastest Corvette in the world ...

... is an '84 "Pregnant Torpedo" with a big block engine that set the record at 271 mph.

Just sayin' ...

"I'm turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so"

Looks like a Nissan GT-R with Camaro tail lights.

But, the big question remains: What's the powerplant?

:eyerole

You beat me to it. Looks like a 2000 Celica. The Celvette. I guess they are trying to tap into the young ricer buyer if this is really the design. Give me a Sideswipe any day over this. There is a way to work the Sideswipe design into a practical production version as all of the renderings on the internet have shown. The Celvette is an abomination. :puke

I just hope GM made the interior dimensions similar to the C5. I find the C6 a little lacking in interior space and I am not a big guy. If GM made the C6 steering column telescope out a few more inches it would have made a world of difference. My C5 has 3.35 inches of travel and the C6 1.25. After I drive my C5 and 05 GTO the C6 really feels like a go-cart (and not in a good way) compared to the other cars. I know a lot of guys that did not buy a C6 for that reason. If they had an early C5 they updated to a late year C5 in order to have a newer car & avoid the C6 while waiting for the C7. I think the C7 will look like a C6.5 just like the C6 looked like the C5.5. Not a bad thing.

The design is too "busy," with too many separate design elements. That is not an "elegant" design despite having a a nice profile.- if that is the C7.
AMEN

I think they've been snookered by misinformation. I think it's a head-fake.
x2

Looks like a Japanese knock-off of a Corvette. Hate the tail lights.
x3

Absolutely, GM will fan the publicity flames; always have with the Corvette. :w

Alright I'll Play

Here's another version.;)

corvette_c7_3.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom