Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tomorrow we’ll show you the C7 Corvette (can't say if its real or BS but here goes)

Well done! Thanks and I like what you've done.

Ah yes ... the miracle of Photoshop!

You put C6 styling cues on the Cadillac Cien and voila' ... a C7 concept! Fact is, I like it a lot and a whole lot more than the Jalopnik version.

Since we're using a Caddy concept for the chassis here, let's also pretend it has a mid-engine V16.

This same thing happens every time a new corvette is released; GM is probably laughing at all the speculation. This is what they want, these so-called "eye witness renderings" generate excitement. I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally lead some well-known blabbermouth into a mock studio to show him first-generation drawings of the c7, which has surely evolved beyond the angular nightmare posted on jalopnik. So many lines and doo-dads and distracting elements; I certainly hope that GM has the presence of mind to never greenlight production of such a car. The lip spoiler is ungainly, and those weird side markers and long ferrari-like planes from the bow to the stern, lines and scoops and spoilers and edges, all sitting on tuning-fork wheels; there is no safe place for the eye to rest. The corvette is all about simplicity of form, an organic shape that is instantly pleasing to the eye, and recognizable as a corvette with traditional elements combined with forward-thinking design. This is where the c6 triumphantly succeeded, despite my initial lukewarm response to it years ago. The c6 is a symphony of proportion and balance. This artists rendering looks like the last-generation celica. Very funny GM, nice prank you played on everyone.

xlarge_925c5011df99c0d3662be43c7b33afa6.jpg

Attachments

• xlarge_925c5011df99c0d3662be43c7b33afa6.jpg
    xlarge_925c5011df99c0d3662be43c7b33afa6.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 65
Here's Another Speculation

:cool

Cadillac-Cien-Rear-1280x960.jpg

Remo Posts 2002 Cadillac Cien

Hey, No fair...this is the 2002 Cadillac Cien as seen a tthe North American Internaitonal auto show... that's cheating.... but it's nice

Paste Up Anything And See If It Flys

Hey, No fair...this is the 2002 Cadillac Cien as seen a tthe North American Internaitonal auto show... that's cheating.... but it's nice

Wayne...it's as good as any of the other "crap" I mean stuff on this thread.:L At any rate I thought the version below might become
closer to reality.

corvette_c7_3.jpg

The C7 is going to be delayed while GM figures out how to get 2 electric motors in it and 4-wheel drive and enough batteries to last for 100 miles! There will be a sound track from a 67 big block with side pipes that you can play when cruising also.
;)

Does it have an 8-Track player with surround sound? :D

I heard you can download exhaust sounds from iTunes via OnStar and it doesn't need surround sound - there will be fake exhausts below the rear bumper that are stereo speakers.

:L

Think I'll go with a V12 Rolls Royce Merlin from a P-51.

Think I'll go with a V12 Rolls Royce Merlin from a P-51.

That would be my choice too. Although I may settle for a Griffin. ;)

Love Those P-51's

Tuna;1091039Think I'll go with a V12 Rolls Royce Merlin from a P-51.[/QUOTE said:
If you've ever heard one of these at an air show, I think you'ld agree that it
redefines "loud" but in a good way.

P-51_Mustang.jpg

Absuloment, mon ami!

And the Griffon is to the Merlin what the 427 is to the 396. It's the same block but upgraded and on steroids. The Brits put it in the late-model Spitfires and made them even more bad-ass. Most of the top P-51s at the Reno air races are sporting Griffons and setting the world piston-engine air speed records. More likely in a car would be something like the Falconer V-12 in that red C4 coupe at the NCM.

But let's face it ... the trend is toward downsizing and fuel economy, so it will be another V8 or a very, very technologically advanced V6. I'm a major V8 fan and especially fond of rat motors, but the 4.3 liter Vortec V6 in my 2004 Blazer feels more like a 327 small block and still gets 20 mpg with the ZR2 4x4 package. You can get the power and the mileage out of V6s, but I'm still hoping for an equally advanced V8.

Ouch!

I guess I'll have to wait another 6 years!:eyerole

Well after watching the reveal last night and going over the photos I vote jalopnik.com right on the money.....14 months early.

Mike

Well after watching the reveal last night and going over the photos I vote jalopnik.com right on the money.....14 months early.

Mike

They were right on the money. Someone must have leaked photos.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom