Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Tonneau Covers for '64

MM-C5

Corvette
2013 Cyber Grey Grand Sport Coupe
I'm looking at a numbers matching '64 roadster that includes the removable hard top. However it also includes snaps and a soft Tonneau Cover. The owner tells me that was an option. Never heard of that. Would anyone know and if so, would you happen to know the Order Number for that option?

Thanks
:w

It was a popular aftermarket accessory usually custom made by a local trim shop. It was popular with the sports car crowd that never put their tops up. Some had zippers up the middle so you could just open the drivers side. My '59 with the original dash pad still has snaps for a t[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]onneau cover but there is nothing on the deck lid. I know that the deck lid isn't original to the car though. It would keep the sun and dirt off the interior but wouldn't do much in a heavy rain.

Tom
[/FONT]

It was a popular aftermarket accessory usually custom made by a local trim shop. It was popular with the sports car crowd that never put their tops up. Some had zippers up the middle so you could just open the drivers side. My '59 with the original dash pad still has snaps for a tonneau cover but there is nothing on the deck lid. I know that the deck lid isn't original to the car though. It would keep the sun and dirt off the interior but wouldn't do much in a heavy rain.

Tom
Thanks Tom! That was pretty much my thought. I had a Tonneau on my 53 MG-TD and can certainly attest to the fact that it wasn't worth much in a heavy rain. But then again, neither were the side curtains. :D

I appreciate the response. :thumb

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom