Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Too high at the front after replacing rubbers and shock absorbers

Hi there

Yes, we are sure we've done everything correctly. I will try to get some more photos with a bit more detail. Thanks again for all the support and suggestions. Wish I over there for Carlisle!

Cheers Kate

The first pic looks exactly like my car now with 1in lower vbp springs, the second pic looks exactly like my car did with the original springs! Anybody around there with a newly lowered c3? Just sayin'... :ugh

The first pic looks exactly like my car now with 1in lower vbp springs, the second pic looks exactly like my car did with the original springs! Anybody around there with a newly lowered c3? Just sayin'... :ugh

That's what I was getting at too, but since they reused the same springs, how is the difference explained?

Make absolutely sure the top of the spring is in the top spring pocket. It's easy to miss the top pocket and it will definitely make the car sit higher.

Make absolutely sure the top of the spring is in the top spring pocket. It's easy to miss the top pocket and it will definitely make the car sit higher.

It's not really a pocket but rather a "bulge" that is about 1" high. The bulge holds the spring centered and when positioned correctly the spring will have maybe 1/4" to 3/8" clearance at the engine side of the opening that the spring protrudes thru.

Kate,
Any new developments on this problem? Did you figure out who got your springs? :eek

Hi Slofut

Not as yet, but thanks for asking. The guys are going to try a few things as soon as they get a chance. Work keeps getting in the way!

When they do, I'll take some photos and post them to draw on everyone's expertise

Cheers Kate :)

Welcome to the CAC, Kate.

The shocks you installed on the car...are they gas-filled? If they are, typically, gas-filled shocks will raise the car slightly. The amount they raise the car depends on what type of gas-filled shock they are.

Also, if you reinstalled the existing springs either they are not seated in the frame properly or the control arm bolts were tightened with the car in the air.

Finally, the best book to get for servicing your 72 is a 72 Service Manual. You can get it from CAC sponsor, Zip Products
1972 Corvette Shop/Service Manual

"Assembly Manuals" can be helpful too, but keep in mind that they tell you where parts go not how to service or repair them.

Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom