Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Too Loud( BORLA catback) and Too Shiny (FOOS wheels)

Gdad45

Corvette
2000 Triple Black Convertible 6speed
My convertible is fitted with FOOS wheels, 19s & 20s, with Falkens and Continentels. Perfect shape, lots of tread, but
I'd prefer stock tire/wheel assemblies.

It has A BORLA ATAK catback system that's fairly new. Too loud for me.
I'd prefer factory exhaust.

Takers? Even swaps.

Could you post some pics?

2014_12_12_12_04_38.jpg2014_12_12_12_06_05.jpg2014_12_12_12_07_23.jpgfoose wheel.jpg

I got rid of the run flats because the were noisy; we could not even have a conversation without raising our voices or me leaning over to hear what she said.
We stopped one evening to get something to eat and she was asking the waitress to repeat what she said. If the Borlas are too noisy for you. replace them. ;)

Borla CatBack Exhaust

My convertible is fitted with FOOS wheels, 19s & 20s, with Falkens and Continentels. Perfect shape, lots of tread, but
I'd prefer stock tire/wheel assemblies.

It has A BORLA ATAK catback system that's fairly new. Too loud for me.
I'd prefer factory exhaust.

Takers? Even swaps.
I have a perfect stock cat back exhaust I'll swap you for the Borla.

Let me know if you're interested.

I have a perfect stock cat back exhaust I'll swap you for the Borla.

Let me know if you're interested.

I had envisioned one of us driving to the others place to do the swap.
I have all the tools, but not a heated garage.

You?

Stock Cat Back Exhaust System

I had envisioned one of us driving to the others place to do the swap.
I have all the tools, but not a heated garage.

You?
My Cat back system is off the car and I am running Z06 Titanium pipes which are about the same as stock but much lighter in weight.

I live in Wheelersburg, Ohio and I believe you are around Lexington, KY. I'd be happy to bring them down and help you with the swap. If you have a lift, it would only take about 30 minutes total. If you don't have a lift, we would need to find a loading dock that we could use. It's only 8 bolts total. Four in the exhaust connection and four in the rear sway bar. Mine have not been cut and are one piece with about 16000 miles on them. You are welcome to come up here and we will find a lift or take to a local shop and get them changed or I will drive to your town. Let me know, Thanks,

My Cat back system is off the car and I am running Z06 Titanium pipes which are about the same as stock but much lighter in weight.

I live in Wheelersburg, Ohio and I believe you are around Lexington, KY. I'd be happy to bring them down and help you with the swap. If you have a lift, it would only take about 30 minutes total. If you don't have a lift, we would need to find a loading dock that we could use. It's only 8 bolts total. Four in the exhaust connection and four in the rear sway bar. Mine have not been cut and are one piece with about 16000 miles on them. You are welcome to come up here and we will find a lift or take to a local shop and get them changed or I will drive to your town. Let me know, Thanks,

Sounds like a deal.
Let me check with my local shop on Monday 22 Dec. and see what he'll charge. I'll post Monday eve and let you know

Quiet !

Sounds like a deal.
Let me check with my local shop on Monday 22 Dec. and see what he'll charge. I'll post Monday eve and let you know

HOORAY.

A huge thanks to Jim. Without too much trouble (one broken bolt) we took off the Borla System and put on the stock pipes Jim had.

He says mine now sounds like a wienie. Perfect.

Thanks JIM. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom