Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Too Tall for A Vette?

Corvette
2000 Dark Bowling Green Metalic Convertable
I have read and heard from others that anyone 6 foot 5 or over could not fit into a Vette. A few days ago I was talking with a person who is 6 foot 8 and was driving a 2005 coupe. He said his previous Vette was a 2000 convertible and that it was a little tight but both were just fine.

I am 6 foot 2 and feel a little cramped. I am sure there are some taller people here. What has been your experience. Do you do anything special for headroom or more foot room?

I know a guy who is about 6'5" and he does not fit. But if you look at his proportions, you can see why. His legs are not that long; he is tall in the body. So the distance between his seated rump and the roof is inadequate. I have seen other people that tall who fit just fine because they are longer in the legs rather than the trunk. I am 6'2" and 280#. I find the 'vette to be quite roomy. I feel more cramped in my wife's BMW 330xi.

If your tall you have to learn to put up with a lot. I'm 6'5" and drive a lot of different cars. The only I draw the line at are geo's, festivas, etc. Worst one I ever drove was my moms saturn, my head could stick up through the open sunroof.

In the Vette my head is only about 1 inch from hitting, but I in no way feel cramped at all. A lot of it has to do with your stance in the seat, and seat adjustment.

Howler-C5 said:
6' 4" here and legs are bend a bit but no problems at all really

Save the Wave:w

6'3" here and 240lbs and no problems....

too tall for vette

I'm 6 foot 2 in. 240 lbs. lots of room!

Im 6'-4" and 215 lbs. The C5 is the first vette I have felt comfortable to sit in.

too tall?

I am 6'10 290 lbs and fit in just fine > I can fully extend my legs all the way to the floor board, I wouldn't be able to drive a manual because of the clutch and i use my smoked top to give me a few more inches without the headliner. You should see the looks when i pull up to a convienience store and get out of the car

I am 6 - 2 and 240 lbs, no problem. I have lots of head room, I guess my legs are long. Seat is all the way back.

too Tall?

it is also cool to cruise the Virginia Beach strip about 5 MPH like this:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom