Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Took off front outside spoilers

Rat Race

After just too many brushes with my driveway, the front side spoilers just got too beat up and detracted from my front end, looks wise.

Now it just looks so much cleaner. Much better look, unless yours is brand new and armor all'ed.

Left the center section on that thing obviously sends air up into the rad.

Noticed that the side spoilers seem like they send air up into the front brakes.

Think this matters in just everyday cruising? Dont think Ive had this car past 80 mph yet.

Some will say that the spoilers are functional in shifting air into the radiator or brakes.
But I don't know for sure.
I do know that its impossible to drive a C6 without scraping those spoilers once in a while. :)

My outside spoilers actually pulled away slightly from their intended mountings, at that point they just had to go. And its not as if i beat on my car, I am extremely careful whenever i pull up to curbs and into driveways, but those things are just LOW...

My 05 clears the drive coming in but always scrapes leaving my garage. She"ll really get a test next week as I intend on having her lowered, about 1" in front and 2" in back.

My 05 clears the drive coming in but always scrapes leaving my garage. She"ll really get a test next week as I intend on having her lowered, about 1" in front and 2" in back.
Either way, those spoilers are not too expensive to replace. ;)

Some will say that the spoilers are functional in shifting air into the radiator or brakes.
But I don't know for sure.
I do know that its impossible to drive a C6 without scraping those spoilers once in a while. :)

I'm with him, the items that you refer to are there to channel air to your radiator. Keep a close eye on the coolent temps. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom