Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Torn

1996 LT4 Topic

jmhorn52

Corvette
2008 Yellow ZHZ
I have a 96 LT4 purple coupe. I love this car it has 105k miles. My wife saw a yellow 2009 base coupe with 14k miles and auto. Its nice but nothing like the LT4. The price is 35k. Its quiet fast beautiful car. I just don't know if I want to spend the money and give up the rawness of the C4 for the refined cruiser of a C6. Any insight would be appreciated

At the end of the day it's a personal decision, but don't let the fact that the C6 is a cruiser cloud the fact the LS3 can haul the mail. It isn't raw performance, but it should be a sub 13 second car that cruises at 29 mpg, or so.

Im not worried about the speed the 09 is fast but its so quiet. I do like the fact that the dealer here warranties the drivetrain for life( internal parts). Plus my wife can drive the 09 more since its automatic she doesn't like the 6speed manual in the 96. She could drive the vette to work and save a ton of gas over driving the suburban and she loves the yellow color. Decisions like this stink.

If your wife likes/wants the C6 - what else are you going to do!

Install a CORSA exhaust on the C6 and you'll get the sound level up and still get 29 MPG on the highway!

Keep the C4 if you can and enjoy both worlds.

I guess it's a matter of if you want to have more of a 'grand touring' car. Also consider all the upgrades and updates done to the C6. And, possibly better reliability. If the LT4 is a manual, then the C6 will be easier to take if you get stuck in heavy traffic. Another note is I understand the ride quality of the base C6 coupe is excellent as well as rough road behavior. Who knows? Once you go C6 you might not want to go back....

Or....why mess around get her the C6 while you keep your baby....everybody is happy, happy, happy......:thumb

I wish I could keep both but alas that is not to be I need the trade value of the 96 to keep the payments manageable. Don't get me wrong I like the 09 its fast comfortable much easier ingress and egress and the dealer gives lifetime engine and trans warranty if serviced there. I just had to replace my optispark and ecm on the 96 and that's one problem optispark that I wont have to worry about on the C6 and the mileage difference is there too, thanks for all the input

I've had the C4's and C5's and now a C6....trust me you will not hate the C6.....and if mama's happy....everybody is happy.....:D

If you want the sound and fury for the C6, I just saw GHLs best stainless exhaust system on sale for $700.00 shipped. That's the same system I got in 2005 for a grand even.

I own one of the specialty C6s. It's a incredibly choice selection for the $. But, watch out, once you go C6, you may not want to go back...just sayin'....

If you need to get rid of the LT4 before you can get the C6 then I would sell it outright before trading it in. You can find a yellow C6 on any dealers lot but how many LT4's can you find? I have owned and sold two corvettes and what the dealer(s) wre going to give me was crazy. In fact one was a dealer I bought the car from a year earlier and his "quote" to me on trade was $10k less than what I paid. He said the market was soft, those are auction prices etc etc. meanwhile he had a Vette 6 years older than mine with double the miles that he wanted $15k more than what he was giving me for my car. ( my 01 zo6 and his was a 95 coupe) I asked him how could he even bring that offer to me with a straight face. Ant any rate, sell LT4 on your own and pay cash for the C6. You will get a better deal.

The LT4 is staying. WE decided to keep it. Its a great car and a lot of fun. Decision was also made easier by the sale of the other car . Thanks for all the input

Old News But thank God, a Wise Descision Indeed

The LT4 is staying. WE decided to keep it. Its a great car and a lot of fun. Decision was also made easier by the sale of the other car . Thanks for all the input

I know this is old news but good decision on keeping the LT4. I know I have commented before on your C$, I love the color and the wheels, it's awesome and worth the hassle of keeping it. Newer Vettes are great but there's just nothing like an LT4.

Cheers, :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom