Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Torq Thrust II wheels

D55

C3 owners. I have 1979 Corvette front disc brakes on my 55 Chevy. I'd like to put 15x8 American Racing Torq Thrust II rims on it. I'd like to know if they will fit without needing any wheel spacers to clear the calipers. I know that the rim will clear around the calipers, but would like to confirm that the hub to rim will clear the calipers without needing spacers.

Thanks for you help with this!
D55

505.jpg

C3 owners. I have 1979 Corvette front disc brakes on my 55 Chevy. I'd like to put 15x8 American Racing Torq Thrust II rims on it. I'd like to know if they will fit without needing any wheel spacers to clear the calipers. I know that the rim will clear around the calipers, but would like to confirm that the hub to rim will clear the calipers without needing spacers.

Thanks for you help with this!
D55

View attachment 18793

I have the same rim in a 18" rims with zero offset and they clear the calipers.

Torq Thrust II Rims

Just wanted to thank you for your response on the Torq Thrust II question I had earlier this year. I just installed 15x7 TTII's on my car and there were no clearance problems with the Corvette calipers and rim.

Thanks again!
Drew Watson

I have the same rim in a 18" rims with zero offset and they clear the calipers.

Just wanted to thank you for your response on the Torq Thrust II question I had earlier this year. I just installed 15x7 TTII's on my car and there were no clearance problems with the Corvette calipers and rim.

Thanks again!
Drew Watson

I am glad it worked out. If you get a chance post a picture.

Car and rim photos

I am glad it worked out. If you get a chance post a picture.

Hey, Frank!
Just wanted to send you a couple pictures of my car with the new rims. Thanks again for your help.

Drew

By the way, great looking Vette you've got!

Rim 2.jpg1955 Chevy.jpgRim.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom