Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Touchup paint

brumbach

Corvette
1965 convertible
Anyone know where to buy the little bottles of touchup paint to match our midyear vettes? I mean the bottles that have the brushes to cover the annoying nicks we get on the open road. My 65 is a nausau blue. Thanks in advance. Bill

i have a bottle of touch up i got when i first got my car. don't have a website address but here is the info:

Custom Car Color
655 Woodcreek Dr.
Waterford, MI 48327
248-681-0177

unfortunately i never used it and now my car is in getting repainted anyway so i'll have some leftover of the new paint for touchup so i can't comment on the color match of this touchup paint i have from them. might be worth a phone call to them anyway

good luck

Just picked some up from this place......EXCELLENT service and quality...check this link out:

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Read the entire process, they even offer paint pens which are great for the small touch up. I have used these guys for years, and they provide you the complete process with detailed instruction and stand behind what they sell...

Brumbach...they do post this about Chevrolet paints:

[font=arial,helvetica]Chevrolet codes can be confusing! For example, the color code 96/WA8867 listed on our site can be shown on your vehicle as 96U or 96L or 8867 or WA8867. Often there will be a BC CC before the color code. This stands for Basecoat/Clearcoat. The U in the paint code means the Upper Color and the L means the Lower Color. Two tone vehicles will have each color coded, i.e. 96U and say 36L. Also, it could be 8867L or 8867U.[/font]
Go to the site and follow the directions....

EBVette said:
Just picked some up from this place......EXCELLENT service and quality...check this link out:

Read the entire process, they even offer paint pens which are great for the small touch up. I have used these guys for years, and they provide you the complete process with detailed instruction and stand behind what they sell...

Brumbach...they do post this about Chevrolet paints:

[font=arial,helvetica]Chevrolet codes can be confusing! For example, the color code 96/WA8867 listed on our site can be shown on your vehicle as 96U or 96L or 8867 or WA8867. Often there will be a BC CC before the color code. This stands for Basecoat/Clearcoat. The U in the paint code means the Upper Color and the L means the Lower Color. Two tone vehicles will have each color coded, i.e. 96U and say 36L. Also, it could be 8867L or 8867U.[/font]

Go to the site and follow the directions....

The location in Waterford, Michigan has moved to Commerce Twp. Michgan. PH: 248 363-0288. These fine people package the factory matched colors and sell to all the major dealers. Tell them Chuck sent you. (aka Dad)

EBVette said:

Strongly agree....these guys were great from ordering thru delivery thru great product.

Had about a half dozen small chips that were driving me crazy. Did them all using the paint pen KIT and you can't tell they were ever there.

D97

ps here's their address and phone JIC...

PaintScratch (Division of Bio Pac, Inc.)
584 Pinto Court
Incline Village, NV 89451
800-225-2855 or 775-831-9493

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom