Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TPM readin 10 psi below

ebarber

Corvette
2002 Electron blue vert
I did a search and couldn't find anything so please forgive me if its a question thats been asked already.

I bought my vette (02 Vert) from a dealer a couple months ago.
A few days after buying It started to say service TPMS system or something to that nature. Dealer replaced all TPM sensors. Now ive just realized they are showing 10 psi lower than what is actually in the tire. Did they put the wrong ones in? Is there another programing step they missed?
It wouldn't surprise me they did something wrong, after all, when they put my tires and rims back on after replacing the TPMS they got the direction back wards and I had to switch them around and reprogram them to the corresponding side.

Thanks for any help!

Eric

I did a search and couldn't find anything so please forgive me if its a question thats been asked already.

I bought my vette (02 Vert) from a dealer a couple months ago.
A few days after buying It started to say service TPMS system or something to that nature. Dealer replaced all TPM sensors. Now ive just realized they are showing 10 psi lower than what is actually in the tire. Did they put the wrong ones in? Is there another programing step they missed?
It wouldn't surprise me they did something wrong, after all, when they put my tires and rims back on after replacing the TPMS they got the direction back wards and I had to switch them around and reprogram them to the corresponding side.

Thanks for any help!

Eric
How many PSI is in your tires??:confused

I have been keeping 35 PSI in them. I know it is recommended for 30psi which is what I want to keep in there but if I do that it warns me of low tire pressure until they heat up to get past the low mark. If I keep 30 psi in them it will show 20psi.

I have been keeping 35 PSI in them. I know it is recommended for 30psi which is what I want to keep in there but if I do that it warns me of low tire pressure until they heat up to get past the low mark. If I keep 30 psi in them it will show 20psi.
Put Exactly 30 Lb PSI cold in them with a digital gauge,and then re-program the sensors!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom