Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TPMS problem

Hustler

Corvette
2000 Z51
I need some help here guys. After a recent purchase of new Goodyears I have discovered that the tire dealer did not put the rims back in the same place he removed them. The LR and RR tires were swapped. The monitors are working fine, just reversed, I can't have that! No problem..I'll just re-train the TPMS system and I'm good to go. I know the procedure, have the magnets and itching to fix this small annoyance.

Program started, LF..good to go, RF..good to go, RR..no problemo, LR..uhhhh...

OK, start again..bigger magnet just in case!! Program started, LF..good to go, RF..good to go, RR..no problemo, LR..uhhhh...

I could go on but whats the point. I've tried half a dozen times and this is not happening. So, I now have the RR registering correctly but of course the stubborn LR is not registering, so no readout for it on the DIC. :bash

Any input from this knowledgable, ingenious and informative crowd would be appreciated.

It was functioning before I tried resetting it..now it just won't retransmit.:confused

It was functioning before I tried resetting it..now it just won't retransmit.:confused

I hope to train my computer to get used to the fact that my Y2K does not have sensors! It's trying to tell me my tire is low when there is no sensor???;LOL

What sort of magnet is required?:confused

LT

I hope to train my computer to get used to the fact that my Y2K does not have sensors! It's trying to tell me my tire is low when there is no sensor???;LOL

LT
Just a small magnet, to put next the tire sensor to reset it!!!Theres a sequence you go through reset the sensors!!!But if you have no sensor it won't reset!!:upthumbs

Just a small magnet, to put next the tire sensor to reset it!!!Theres a sequence you go through reset the sensors!!!But if you have no sensor it won't reset!!:upthumbs

I know...but someone on CF suggested I do that in order to perhaps convince the computer that we no longer had sensors and maybe it would stop trying to warn me that I only had 22 lbs of air in LR?

Heck...I'll try anything once. :chuckle Now I need to find a small magnet??:eyerole

LT

I know...but someone on CF suggested I do that in order to perhaps convince the computer that we no longer had sensors and maybe it would stop trying to warn me that I only had 22 lbs of air in LR?

Heck...I'll try anything once. :chuckle Now I need to find a small magnet??:eyerole

LT
I don't think that will work!!!! The sensor's are little radio transmitters,if there not there what signal is the computer going to pick up???;shrug ;shrug :upthumbs

LT

I was told if you remove the sensors that a technician could use something to reprogram the computer and deactivate the tpms. The battery life on our y2k sensors is reported to be 10 years. We are getting close to the end of battery life and at $150 each I do not plan on replacing mine when time for new tires. Keep us posted on what you work out.

I was told if you remove the sensors that a technician could use something to reprogram the computer and deactivate the tpms.
Yes, if your vette is a 2001 or later, you can follow this procedure (scroll down to Setting up tire pressure monitoring). They'll need a Tech 2 to perform this procedure. Remove the asterisk in the setup screen to deactivate the system.

:beer

Yes, if your vette is a 2001 or later, you can follow this procedure (scroll down to Setting up tire pressure monitoring). They'll need a Tech 2 to perform this procedure. Remove the asterisk in the setup screen to deactivate the system.

:beer

What about a 2000? Can they be turned off?

Nope, 2000 or earlier you are out of luck. GM design didn't add that code to the BCM until 2001, when the Z06 was (re)introduced (which has neither runflats nor sensors).

Ya know.....not all the cars made in 2001 were Z06's :)

That was intended as a somewhat humorous aside referring to the fact that most of the time when I look up general stuff about the 2001 model year, all they talk about is the changes to the Z06 :) Sorry, I have a "coup complex".

Certainly didnt mean to belittle your contribution to the discussion :) Thats why we're here. You can always find someone who knows a little bit more about whatever you are wondering about, and I for one appreciate having you guys around.

<originaly was writing "we're lucky to have you guys around"....but didnt want to push it :) >

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom