Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TPS IAC calibration

tmkassin

Corvette
2009 LS3
Today I decided to clean my throttle body and re-calibrate the TPS and IAC. Started with the FSM for info and lo and behold it only shows a Vin "J" TB and mine is a Vin"P". They are totally different. Can't find any detailed posts describing how to make these adjustments...;help

Your in the section of the FSM on the LT5 which is "Vin J". There is a separate section in Engine Controls on the "Vin P" or LT1 engine.

On your TPS unless you replaced it or had a problem with it, you should need to readjust it. But, if you do, you need either a scan tester or a DMM because the adjustment requires a voltage reading.

To reset the IAC you may need a scan tester, but check the Vin P section of the FSM because I'm not 100% sure on that.

Yep it is the OEM TPS. Throttle body didn't look that dirty but the IAC pintle was loaded up. It's all back together and ildes better than ever.

Hey tmkassin,

If you didn't change your TPS, you shouldn't need to recalibrate anything regarding that. For the IAC, do the following:

With the engine off, hold down the accelerator pedal slightly and start the car. Let off the accelerator after the car starts (it'll rev pretty good when it starts, but that's okay) and let it idle for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, shut the engine off.

Let it sit for 10 seconds.

Restart the engine, this time WITHOUT touching the accelerator. Your IAC should now be set.

'92 'Vettes rock! :thumb

By the way, I'm always finding myself in the "VIN J" section of the FSM by mistake. The "VIN P" section comes before VIN J. The IAC reset procedure is in there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom