Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tracing your Vettes History...

81Coupe

Does anyone know if there is a way to trace back who originally purchased your car from factory, and who owned it since...I heard a kinda wild story from a supposed first hander, who says my car was originally ordered by a celeb. I just wondered if there was actually a way.

Mitch

Vette History

If your vette was built in Bowling Green you may be able to find out a few things including what dealer sold it. If it was built in St Louis then your quest just got tougher as there are no remaining records for the St louis vettes. Check your vin #, if the 11th digit is an "S"...St louis, if it is a "5" ...Bowling Green. There are also some vehicle search links on the Corvette Action Center home page.

title search

Mitch, go down to your local titling and registration divison ask for atitle search. this will tell you who has owned the car in your state.

Always interesting to see what pops up when you trace a car's history.

On the two vettes I've owned, both were traded within two months of original purchase.......
The owners no doubt got caught up in the romance of the car but underestimated the Insurance man!

I purchased both cars at 10 years of age and both were into 6-7 owners. The 1st one was pretty
worn but for a college student it worked fine!
My second/present one was well preserved still able to collect a trophy if inclined.

Good hunting,
JU

Tracing your Vettes History.....

81Coupe,
If your vette was a Bowling Green car, the Build Sheet and Window Sticker copy may be available to be purchased from the National Corvette Museum. :) I have them on our 82, 92 and 98. I'm lucky enough to have the paperwork on the 82 and 92. I'm the 3rd owner on the 82 and the 2 owner on the 92, not bad for 19 and 9 year old vettes. I've owned the 82 11 years and the 92 7 years. :W:

Clarification...........

The cars were ten years old when I purchased them.

I actually owned a lot of Corvettes when was a ten
year old designer/restorer/customizer.

They were plastic and 1/24 scale.

Later,
JU

Tracing your Vettes History.....

John,
I understood what you meant..:cool :W:

John Ulrich said:
Clarification...........

The cars were ten years old when I purchased them.

;) I was just joshin' ya John. ;)

I actually owned a lot of Corvettes when was a ten
year old designer/restorer/customizer.

They were plastic and 1/24 scale.

Me too. :L

Ken

I do not know what means were used to track the warrantee in 81 but my protecto plate from 1970 has the name of the first owner and his address. The owners after that would have to be researched another way but that may help with your issue. Good luck
Dean

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom