Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Transmission insulation for 65

L

LUCKY13

I'm preparing to replace missing insulation between the transmission and the interior on my 65. Can anyone tell me if it goes underneath the car, between the transmission and the flooring or inside the car between the flooring and the console cover?

The c2 gm tunnel insulation is above the trans on the bottom of the floor.

It gets oil and water soaked fast and makes trans removal messy, so I used the same duct insulation above the trans that I used on the underside of the body to repell the exhaust and A-C heat.
lhfloorheatshield-shield.jpg

It goes up against the bottom side of the tunnel - you'll find four riveted-on retainers with pointed bend-over tabs on them that retain the molded insulator to the tunnel walls.

:beer

And, regardless of what anyone says, you have to take out the trans to put it in. :) Don't ask me how I know this. Chuck

And, regardless of what anyone says, you have to take out the trans to put it in. :) Don't ask me how I know this. Chuck
Agreed, pull it out prior to pulling the trans and it makes things a lot easier. Plus you will not distroy the foil covering. By the way mine was partially glued in addition to the clips

65 TRANSMISSION INSULATION

I removed the shifter and easily slid the insulation piece up over the transmission and into place. I went ahead and replaced the clips also. It's in now. Thanks for the help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom