Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Transparent Lift-Off Top

Problem with transparent top

• you have/had the problem with your top

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • you have NOT had the problem

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • It's on the passenger side

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • It's NOT on the passenger side

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It runs front to back

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • It does NOT run front to back

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
silver98 said:
... my issue was the only one on record...

Joe

What a crock of GM bulldust. This is not an X-File case. Look on ebay and see how many defective C5 tops are being sold. Most have defects that "naturally" occured through age. There is an entire aftermarket industry that refurbishes "glass" Corvette tops. Considering the oldest tops are from 1997, less than 10 years old, I'd say GM should be explaining something to someone.

Unethical Behavior Persists throughout GM and Dealerships

Silver98 wrote:

..... Chevy's respones was that if more affected people notified them the issue might be esclated, but as the results indicated <25%, and the poll was not scientific, my issue was the only one on record.

That is simply not true and it's the EXACT same line they used on me when I reported it to them last week. Considering the deception I have endured relavent to the purchase of my 2000 coupe last month under the GM Certified Used Car Program, I am fast losing any trust in what GM says. With regard to the certified program, they supposedly certify the car based on the inspection and reconditioning of 110+ points of inspection or as they say "it is not certified. Period." Well, I can tell everyone that there were MANY points of inspection that were not done, given the number and severity of the problems I have had with this car. In the month that I have owned it, it has been in the shop nearly 3 weeks. And, if it wasn't for my strong insistence that they comply with their commitment to their certification, they would have simply blew me off. They have still decided not to cover items that were certified and I am now escalating to Chevy HQ. But based on their track record in resolving customer complaints, I am not going to hold my breath for their legal, moral and ethical resolution of my complaints. Apparently unless you and I are ready for the expense of a lawyer, they can simply say anything they want to bait you into the showroom and then simply disregard their obligation. Ethics, whether legal or moral, is a dying virtue all over corporate America.

iteachflyin said:
Silver98 wrote:

..... they can simply say anything they want to bait you into the showroom and then simply disregard their obligation. Ethics, whether legal or moral, is a dying virtue all over corporate America.

Call Eliot Spitzer's office:

consumer.gif

[size=+1]CONSUMER HELPLINE: 1-800-771-7755[/size]

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

Clear Tops

PHP:
I just bought a used clear top and it looks as if the owner before me might have passed through some car washes with it. Looking through it from inside the car shows some scratches. Is there any products on the market that can remove it or is this some thing that I might have to live with??????

Thank,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4]Guana 1[/size][/font]

No after market products will rectify the problem. Only recourse is to replace the top or live with it as is.

I'm shocked they didn't know about it!! I have seen it on a lot of C5s and my 1998 has it bad like yours along the passenger side and now mine is starting to peel in the center. I have seen this on several C5s but have not seen it on a C4 at all and all C5s I have seen that have the problem are also on the passenger side....GM has never heard of this...unbelievable...Will Cooksey knows of the problem if he hasn't forgot it. Put me in the I got the problem box!!!!! I'm looking for another glass top and may get one though Mid America if I have to.
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom