Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Trickle Charger on a 2017

jj-vette

Corvette
2001 Navy Coupe
Can I hook up a trickle charger to the power port in the rear hatch area above the battery? If I can, where can I get a charger that has the specific hook up that will plug into the power port? I think I saw one listed as a GM part. I always used "alligator" clips on my C5, but the battery was exposed to the engine bay.

Can I hook up a trickle charger to the power port in the rear hatch area above the battery? If I can, where can I get a charger that has the specific hook up that will plug into the power port? I think I saw one listed as a GM part. I always used "alligator" clips on my C5, but the battery was exposed to the engine bay.

I use this BATTERY CHARGER US 3300 Model 1051 that came as an option on my 2017 Z06 and it plugs into the power port in the right rear hatch area. All the other ports go to sleep once you turn of the vehicle. you can order this unit at any chevy dealer or on Amazon it even comes with the corvette logo and has correct port plug. It is made by CTEK and is a great battery maintainer . I plug mine in during the week days when I am not driving the vette. The longest I have left it plugged in has been 4 weeks !
Hope this helps ! :thumb

Make sure you are using a battery maintainer/float charger controlled electronically to shut off and "float" until needed.

Never use a trickle charger unattended or it can damage your battery and vehicle.

Personally, I would pick up a Corvette battery tender which is an available $100 option when ordering a C7 Corvette.

You can find them on EBAY:

c7 corvette battery tender | eBay

Thanks for the advice.

I will go out and purchase a US 3300 Model 1051. Without your help I would still be looking.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom