Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trouble Codes

• Thread starter Thread starter secondchance
  • Start date Start date
S

secondchance

Well, the SES light came on and I grounded pin 5 & 6.
SES blinks 32. EGR problem. Best suggestion for this was to remove EGR valve and clean out carbon deposit.
Also, Service LTPWS light blinks code 24. I've never seen LTPWS blinking. Any idea, guys? I am work and have'nt had chance to check the tire pressures.
For EGR valve, have any of you tried spraying GM engine top cleaner down into the valve through pipe connecting to the plenum?

vettaholic said:
Also, Service LTPWS light blinks code 24. I've never seen LTPWS blinking. Any idea, guys? I am work and have'nt had chance to check the tire

First, clear codes and road test.

To clear codes either use a TECH1/TECH1A/TECH2/MasterTech scan tester or connect DLC pins 5 to 6 three times in 10 seconds.

During a road test, if the DTC resets, you've got a bad sensor or maybe a bad receiver.

DTC24 is a fault with an orange-code sensor. If DTC24 returns, replace that sensor and clear codes. If your car has its wheels in the production locations, the orange sensor is in the right rear wheel. If your car's wheels are not in the stock locations, then you'll have to break-down each wheel/tire combo to find the orange sensor.

If the code continues to reset, replace the LTPWS receiver.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom