Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Troubleshooting Codes

devilleader501

Corvette
2004 Torch Red Zo6
HELP! PLEASE Troubleshooting Codes

Ok guys Im new here so be easy. I have a 2004 Z06 with approx. 39,000 miles on it. Baught it used with a Donaldson Blackwing airfilter, a 50 hp. ECU flash, short throw shifter, long tube headers, Borla exhaust all the way out, and a dummy sensor installed for the cats being taken off. I live in Arizona and drove it to Phoenix on monday and tuesday. It has developed a missfire which is only noticable at idle. Engine light came on and hasnt gone off yet. The engine light has come on and gone off by itselft since i got the car but this is the first time i had noticed the missfire.

I have an OBD2 testor and it pulled code P0175 which is bank #2 O2 sensor running rich. After I pulled that code i did the OBD on the dash and this is what I found.

TCS C1278- Temporary inhibit by PCM
RDCM B2283- Battery #1 fault
RDCM B2285- Battery #2 fault
RDCM B2287- +5V reference fault
RDCM U1064- loss of communication with BCM
LDCM B2282- Battery #1 fault
LDCM B2284- Battery #2fault
LDCM B2286- +5V reference fault
LDCM U1064- loss of communication with BCM

The battery was replaced 3 weeks ago and Im assuming the on board dash faults were not cleared from the dealership. My question is more for the P0175 code and where I should start in trying to figure this out. I have an Idea about switching the O2 sensors from left to right to see if the fault moves in which case Ill replace the sensor. But can the Dummy sensor be reaking havoc on the system as well. Is there 2 batterys in my Vette. I read somewhere last night about the 2004 having 2 batterys. Also I want to know if a reflash of the ECM will be able to make more power. I am also thinking about a cam swap and would like your guys thoughts on which cam would wake the car up more..

I appreciate the help and if you need anymore information ill repost ASAP. thanks JOSH

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom