Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

trunk,deck lid weatherstripe 1960 vette

Corvette
1960 horizon blue conv
:confusedCan someone explain the proper way to install w/s on deck lid & trunk I can't find any pics showing what side w/s goes on

We have had several guys recently finish cars so I'm hoping one of them will chime in on this.

Tom

I believe the AIM shows this. I don't have mine here. Otherwise, I'd try to explain it. But look at the AIM. A picture is worth 1000 words.

If I recall there is a slight flat spot on the WS bulb. That is the piece that is "glued" down. The bulge in the bulb goes outward. If you put it on dry and look at it you will see what makes sense......it really only goes on one way.

Recently finished the trunk and deck lid weatherstripping on the '59. My rubber has an almost 90 deg (slightly rounded) back edge. I put adhesive on both sides of that edge and glued it in the corresponding edge on the panels. I think that's right and it seems OK. Mine is taking a little time to compress to where I can close the trunk as far as I want, but its almost there.

Gerry

The w/strips go on the lids, not on the body; photo below shows the lid w/strip on my '57 - installation is the same on a '60. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom