Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Trunk dividers

wvstar

Corvette
2000 vert bright yellow
Anyone using the carpeted trunk divider for the hardtop C5's? Do they change the interior sound environment enough to warrant one? How is the fit and finish of the product?

I saw these on one of the websites (Corvettepartz maybe?) and thought they might be a nice addition.

Thanks for any input.

Ron :)

Anyone using the carpeted trunk divider for the hardtop C5's? Do they change the interior sound environment enough to warrant one? How is the fit and finish of the product?

I saw these on one of the websites (Corvettepartz maybe?) and thought they might be a nice addition.

Thanks for any input.

I've got the partition in my Z16 and wouldn't trade it for nothing!! It made all the difference in the world. The Corvettepartz partition is probably the best one available from what I've seen and read.

sounds good (no pun intended)

I've got the partition in my Z16 and wouldn't trade it for nothing!! It made all the difference in the world. The Corvettepartz partition is probably the best one available from what I've seen and read.

Thanks for the report. Looks like I definitely need to add to my list. Interior noise not so bad since I got the Corsa Pace system on in place of the SLP but it just makes sense that seperating the trunk area would have to make things better.

I used the divider in my 98, 05 and 07. I got one for my 03 roaster too. They make a big sound and AC difference. I took one out of my 07 that will fit your car. It's black - interested? I'll give you a good deal.

It's from Southerncarparts

Thanks for any input.

I have one in my vert, and it made a noticable difference in interior noise. Mine fits perfect, if not a little too tight. I attached two straps to the top of it on the backside of the divider and then lay the straps forward so that I have a pull strap to pull it out when needed for cleaning or cargo items. :)

I purchased the divider and the carpeted lids for the three open wells from southercarparts last year for my Z06. Made a big difference in the car's interior. Quieter, cooler due to less A/C requirements, and the fit was perfect. The unit comes out quickly if you need the extra space from the trunk. Can get them plain, with the C5 emblem, or the Z06 emblem. I got mine plain (no emblem) in black. Looks professional and OEM. I recommend that you purchase it.
Barrett

Interested...

I used the divider in my 98, 05 and 07. I got one for my 03 roaster too. They make a big sound and AC difference. I took one out of my 07 that will fit your car. It's black - interested? I'll give you a good deal.

It's from Southerncarparts

I might be interested. Will the one out of your '07 fit my hardtop C5 ('99)? Most of them I've seen listed say they are for '97 - '04. Is it the black carpeted version? Does it have any emblem and, if so, which one? How much shipped (26101)? 1000 questions! LOL

FYI, I'm headed out of town for vacation 1st thing in the morning.

I might be interested. Will the one out of your '07 fit my hardtop C5 ('99)? Most of them I've seen listed say they are for '97 - '04. Is it the black carpeted version? Does it have any emblem and, if so, which one? How much shipped (26101)? 1000 questions! LOL

FYI, I'm headed out of town for vacation 1st thing in the morning.

A partition from a C6 will NOT fit your C5.

Trunk Dividers for Conv

Do the truck dividers work on a conv. Is it ahead of the top when you have the top down. Who can help me?

It works great, I had this one made local, if you look close you can see the Corvette script:thumb

ALL139.jpg

Do the truck dividers work on a conv. Is it ahead of the top when you have the top down. Who can help me?

They work great in a vert. It is behind the top in the trunk area protecting the top from cargo damage. You will like it.

I have one in my 03 roadster. It helps with the sound of aftermarket exhaust while cruising and keeps the cabin cooler.

A partition from a C6 will NOT fit your C5.
Thanks...that is what I thought from reading the ads for them. I'll spring for a new one when I get home...will know for sure it fits when I get it

Update: Ordered from CorvettePartz on Sunday...carpeted version with no logo. Should have in a day or so.

Divider installed...

:) Received the carpeted divider and have had installed for a few weeks now. Good upgrade...cannot believe how much better the stereo (still stock) sounds! And as others commented..the AC seems to do better job as well. But I also had the windows tinted about the same time so that may also have contributed to some AC improvements (not that it needed it...was doing just fine). I like the "seperation" between the trunk area and the cockpit. Especially when travelling and having to actually "use" the trunk.

Good upgrade. Thanks to responders and their recommendations to buy this. I now would also recommend them.

Lovin' this ride more everyday!

Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom