Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Trunk Popper

Once in a while mine pops up high enough to reach under, once it came up about half way. I thought it was a Florida car reacting to colder temperatures - the gas in the struts having compressed or something. I was going to replace the struts in the Spring. Would that help? Would the extra pressure of the popper when the lid is closed have an effect on the structure over time?

I was concerned at first because the cap on the end of the spring actually rests against a carpeted section and I wondered about the pressure on this piece. After installing and checking again and again, I don't think there will be any problem at all. It is worth noting that the spring does not exert a lot of pressure. The deck does not pop up very far - just far enough to get you hand under.:beer

Without further ado...

Trunk Popper Review!

Thanks Bonnell for taking the time and effort to express your opinion of the Trunk Popper for the C5 HardTop and Convertibles ;) :upthumbs

Bud

Happy to do it. I use reviews and opinions of other owners to make by buying decisions so this section is very helpful to me. :upthumbs

J

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom