Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Try to Paint brake calibers on a 04?

tonyrugg

Corvette
2008 corvette pace car
has anywone tried to paint them? or just get new ones , mine are looking a bit faded and worn looking

I did my 04 calipers using Rustoleum red and a small brush. Clean the calipers with a degreaser first. I painted right over the Corvette lettering then, when it was dry, I took a flat file and filed the paint off the letters. It's been over a year and they look bright and no peeling.:beer

thanks- was wondering about the letters - great idea- I am going with the stock charcole gray (black ) color

This sounds pretty easy. I've seen caliper covers in catalogs but wasn't sure there is any real advantage over painting.
Tony C.

has anywone tried to paint them? or just get new ones , mine are looking a bit faded and worn looking
I have 3 sets of Red Powder Coated and rebuilt C5 calipers sitting in my basement if you are interested. I do powder coating as a hobby. I usually get $275 exchange for a set but I'm doing $200 exchange for guys on the forum.
Ron :beer:w

I painted mine with VHT. First I cleaned them with paint thinner then taped off the entire area and painted them. Then I cleaned off the letters with thinner.

did them this weekend flat black - came out great!! after they were dry -I took a razor blade and cleaned the covette logo- only took a hour or so! thanks for you input guys!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom