Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tune up

78SilvAnniv

WOW! What a difference!
I took the 78 for a test spin and SCARED myself!!!! :eek

Rainy day and Kenny decided to give her a tune up. Amazing what just a simple maintenance chore can do for performance!
Heidi

Exactly what did...>

you do for a tune up? Everyone has a different view for that.

basics

spark plugs
wires
cap
rotor
something Hubby called a "kotex" in the air cleaner
air cleaner filter
fuel filter
pcv something or other

Hubby told me this evening the cap/rotor had a crack in it. This could have been the catalyst that caused me to notice the 78 running differently and deciding I wanted a tune up. Wasn't anything specific, I just knew something wasn't 'normal' in the way she was operating.
Sil

Silver,

Just had basically what you had done plus a new Q'jet. Same experience. Starts up and idles like a dream.

Between this and the a/c I spent the kid's college fund.

Bob

Hubby told me this evening the cap/rotor had a crack in it

That would make a BIG difference in performance! :)

something Hubby called a "kotex" in the air cleaner

Boy now theres another use for one of those things !!

I only knew that they were also good for emergency bandages for deep wounds and of course for a forehead sweat band when working in the yard during the hot months. :) :)

I bet there is even more good uses.

That unmentionable in the aircleaner would be your crankcase air intake filter, the "clean" side of the PCV system.
When manifold vacuum draws engine fumes etc. through the PCV valve from the crankcase, clean air comes into the engine via that filter.
I knew you were just dyin' of curiosity...

Hubby appologizes...

...for the "unmentionable"...

He states that is a term he picked up in high school when he worked for the F*rd dealership.

I just heard him mutter it when he was listing parts we'd need and I wrote it down. How was I to know?
Sil

*another use...fold one up and place in the bottom of a cup holder to catch spills. (or I guess you could stick it to your tie to perform the same purpose) :D

He states that is a term he picked up in high school when he worked for the F*rd dealership.

Never can tell what sort of bad habits you can pick up around a Ford dealer!
And having previously worked at Ford for 15 years, I can say that. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom