Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Turbo Replacement/Upgrades

mangusta1969

Corvette
92 CR1;04 C5; 91 Aerobody Vert (nonTT)
There were a few old threads on this topic in this forum, with some "possible" solutions for the replacement or refurbishment of the 88+ Rotomaster T04B turbochargers. But I did not see any actual results.

Has anyone actually replaced the Rotomaster units with something newer/similar or located a source for replacement turbos for the 88+ cars?

It is my understanding that the Rotomasters are out of production and nearly impossible to find. If that is not true, I would appreciate any information on sources for them and approximate prices for new or rebuilt units.

Has anyone converted the original mechanical Rotomaster wastegate system over to a more modern electronic control wastegate?

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

Steve

Stan A here on the forum has located a shop that rebuilds the turbos. Its not cheap but they can do performance upgrades as well as the rebuild. If I recall they run about 1500-2k a piece.

Someone said Callaway Cars Inc. has done a wastegate replacement for less than an outside vendor had quoted them...
I think another company that has dealt w/ these turbo's and rebuilding is, Tubonetics in CA.
I saw that thread Surf was mentioning about the "source" of turbo's and that "company" has 6 or more of the 88+ units and wants 9g's -ALL or NOTHING!!!!!!!! I had inquired about a group purchase but also got no word back on that as I basicly had all 6 sold :(
Not sure at this point of all our options should a turbo go...
Keep the thread going if you hear additional info plz.

There are two replacement units under my coffee table... along with a few other nice parts. If I could only figure out how to get it home... maybe Santa will bring it for me. :grinsanta

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom