Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

twilight off

fjjc

Corvette
1999 convertible
Hello all, I have a 99 and cannot seem to get the twilight off option to display on the menu. It is not a canadian car. Is there a trick to turning the auto headlights off? Thanks

:welcome
Hi there and welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

I'm going to move your thread to the C5 section so that it will receive maximum exposure and hopefully an answer to your question.

Sorry I can't help with your inquiry but my '98 doesn't have the twilight option.

:wJane Ann

So are you saying that when you page through using the options button that the Twilight option doesn't show at all? Or, are you saying that it shows, but won't give you the option to turn it off?

The options menu shows twilight on and delay 1 and 2, but not twilight off. When I press reset button, it just takes me back to twilight on. I never see the option for twilight off.

The options menu shows twilight on and delay 1 and 2, but not twilight off. When I press reset button, it just takes me back to twilight on. I never see the option for twilight off.

Well I don't understand you clearly, When you use the options button, and you get to the twillight option it doesn't say 'Twillight off' if you press 'reset'? If not then I'd use one the features here at CAC and look it up in the user/owners manuals online here to see if your car is equipped with a fuction to disable the twillight feature.:w

Yes, it is strange.....twilight off never displays when I press reset. Only Twilight on and delay 1 and 2. When I press reset in either of these dispalys it says Twilight On. I just want to work the headlights manually and not have them flip up and down on their own. Is there a sensor or a fuse that can be disconnected??

Does your reset button work for everything else? Fuel, trip odometer, delay, etc?

Twilight
Press the OPTIONS button until TWILIGHT - OFF
appears on the display, then use the RESET button to
page through the following selections:
 TWILIGHT - ON
 TWILIGHT - OFF

Thanks for your help on this. The reset button works fine for everything else. I've read the manual. I can't figure it out.

It should toggle ON and OFF, I have mine off never liked the headlamps flipping up on their own either. Not sure what could be causing this; I am going to check mine even though this feature is toggled off to see what it looks like it's been so long since I've looked not ever sure now.

Bill

Twillight button

Yes, it is strange.....twilight off never displays when I press reset. Only Twilight on and delay 1 and 2. When I press reset in either of these dispalys it says Twilight On. I just want to work the headlights manually and not have them flip up and down on their own. Is there a sensor or a fuse that can be disconnected??

I'm sorry if I seem confused, It happens a lot anymore. On my 2003 if I pres the 'options' button it will take me through the different options till I get to the twillight option and if I hit the reset butoon it will either turn the twillight option off or on, but I don't have a delay option. Sorry if I was confusing.

get to the twillight option and if I hit the reset butoon it will either turn the twillight option off or on, but I don't have a delay option. Sorry if I was confusing.

Didn't think I have a delay option either, now I got to look ASAP.

Bill

I'm not positive, but I think if you turn the twilight to "ON" the delay option then is activated. Now remember, I've only had my 01 for a month and haven't learned everything.

Yes, the delay is there if twilight is on. At least it is on my 2000 conv. Sorry but I can't help answer the orig question. Quite frustrating I'm sure.

JJ

Check to see if you indeed have the twilight sentinel. Look in the glove box and on the inside cover you will find all of the order codes for your car. you are looking for code T82.
The thing that drove me nuts was the fact that you have to release the parking brake to get the lights to go on. Some crazy logic I suppose.

Twight Light Mode ON/OFF Toggle with Options then Reset

I just now checked mine, on the DIC (Driver Information Center) you hit OPTIONS the TWILIGHT SENTIAL COMES UP FIRST, then you hit reset to toggle ON or OFF that is the only two options. At least that is the way my 2000 is and I assume they are all the same. Just thought I would share this, it's pretty straight forward.

Hope it helps, drive it like you just stole it.
Bill :w

I know it's years later but I have the same issue with my '03. Exactly the same: Options shows On but not Off. Pressing reset does nothing for Sentry. Hitting Reset on the Delay screen just takes it back to Sentry On. I really have to turn it off because I (foolishly apparently) installed ACA project headlights about 5 years ago. I rarely drive at night and they seemed OK for a while but they keep getting flakier. Last night the low beams did not come on at all and the highs strobed. Made for an interesting drive. I "think" the alternator has to crank a bit before the lights come on.

Same as my 2000. I see TWILIGHT ON but the "reset" button has no effect. Going up and down every time I arrived or left my garage resulted in my left headlight gear chewed up.

I can remember seeing the "Delay 1; Delay 2" and TWILIGHT OFF many years ago. I can't find them anymore.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom