Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Twin Turbo C4 Callaway Corvette Question.

GO_VETTE

Corvette
1984 Pearl White Coupe
I have seen the images of the engine.
I guess there are 2 turbos mounted to headers, and intercoolers are seated above the turbos. Is that correct?
Can anyone post image, close up? thanks

The aluminum rectangles on each side of the plenum are the intercoolers.
7.JPG

The turbos are mounted under the exhaust headers, and aren't really visible from the top. They are flanking the oil pan (forward of the cats) in this photo.
90h.JPG

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. it helped me alot. This is what I was thinking.
Now is the radiator relocated to passengers side?
I also see a brace (diamond shaped) below exhaust.
just out of curiousity, would you know the size of turbo?57mm, 60 mm,are they ball bearing turbos?

Thank you very much. it helped me alot. This is what I was thinking.
Now is the radiator relocated to passengers side?
I also see a brace (diamond shaped) below exhaust.
just out of curiousity, would you know the size of turbo?57mm, 60 mm,are they ball bearing turbos?

Radiator is not relocated. The brace you see is unique to the convertibles, added by GM for better frame rigidity.

Sorry, off the top of my head, I don't know the specs on the turbos.

is your speedster automatic?
How does the Callaway Service works with cars out of CT and CA.
Do they have an authorized Callaway tech in your area, in case you need to diagnose something?
Does the speedster also have a chassis brace like convertibles?
Do you have the Naca ducts on your hood (cut and directing air) to intercoolers?
I noticed that the AC evaporater has been modified Am I correct?
It looks like it has as if it has a radiator type cap on it.

is your speedster automatic?

No, all the Speedsters are 6 speed manuals.

How does the Callaway Service works with cars out of CT and CA.

It works great. :D

Do they have an authorized Callaway tech in your area, in case you need to diagnose something?

Nearest Callaway facility for me is in CA, although most of the mechanicals are standard GM.

Does the speedster also have a chassis brace like convertibles?

Yes, the Speedsters started life as convertibles.

Do you have the Naca ducts on your hood (cut and directing air) to intercoolers?

No, the NACA ducts were only used in 1987. Most of the Aerobody cars (including Speedsters) have blister-style ducts on the hood.
19.JPG

I noticed that the AC evaporater has been modified Am I correct? It looks like it has as if it has a radiator type cap on it.

Not sure what you're looking at. The only radiator-type cap I see is on the radiator expansion tank.

First of all thank you very much for answering all of my technical questions. Thank you.
My one question is, on the right side of the intercooler, there is a tank w/ a radiator type cap. Is that the radiator expansion tank? (overflow tank)

First of all thank you very much for answering all of my technical questions. Thank you.
My one question is, on the right side of the intercooler, there is a tank w/ a radiator type cap. Is that the radiator expansion tank? (overflow tank)

You're welcome, and yes - that's the overflow tank.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom