Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Twin Turbo Hood

Emtmike

Corvette
1981 Biege & Dark Bronze Coupe
Looking for a good used twin turbo hood for an '81 corvette. No cracks, or chips please.

twin turbo hood

Hey, let me make a suggestion, if you dont mind.
In my personal opinion, I think that the L88 hood scoop is much more affordable and looks great.
The price for this scoop is anywheer between $78.-$150.00 depending on brand, and type. Fiberglass is preferred.
You can get that bonded on yourself on a nice pleasant sunny day.
If your taste preferences are the TT, then you may search and find
TThoods made by Duraflex for anywhere between $700.00-800.00
however it is not a complete direct replacement, you still have to make some mods to fit.

Hey, let me make a suggestion, if you dont mind.
In my personal opinion, I think that the L88 hood scoop is much more affordable and looks great.
The price for this scoop is anywheer between $78.-$150.00 depending on brand, and type. Fiberglass is preferred.
You can get that bonded on yourself on a nice pleasant sunny day.
If your taste preferences are the TT, then you may search and find
TThoods made by Duraflex for anywhere between $700.00-800.00
however it is not a complete direct replacement, you still have to make some mods to fit.

I want to keep the original hood for future use. This is why I wanted to buy a new hood. Thanks for the information :D.

Vanacor Corvette has the TT hoods new for $425+ shipping. They make good quality fiberglass parts.

Gary

SAVE the WAVE
Well,hopefully they've changed their ways,since myself & a friend ordered 2 styles of hoods at the same time to be delivered to the same body shop. Both hoods were VERY warped & rippled.We called to send them back,they said OK.We were charged double shipping plus 15% restocking fees!:mad --I got the hood you see on mine now,from ACI-vettes.com. American Custon Industries has been around along time.They made Greenwood Vettes,& supply alot of the Corvette retailers out there.Mine was almost flawless,& went on w/o much bodywork at all.

C3RVETTE, Sorry to hear you had problems with your parts. I hadn't heard of any problems with them until now. I'll be more careful in the future about speaking up for a company. The rear bumper I put on mine came from them and it was warped a little, but it set in the shop for about a year before I got around to installing it. The warping wasn't bad and I figured it was from the long time setting before installation.

Gary

C3RVETTE, Sorry to hear you had problems with your parts. I hadn't heard of any problems with them until now. I'll be more careful in the future about speaking up for a company. The rear bumper I put on mine came from them and it was warped a little, but it set in the shop for about a year before I got around to installing it. The warping wasn't bad and I figured it was from the long time setting before installation.

Gary
Hey,you have the right to speak up for any company,if you've had good parts/results.etc. The hoods I spoke of were ones we'd ordered,I guess,about 4 years back now.the customer service was bad,too.But I also heard from another couple people recently who said they were satisfied...:thumb

Hey,you have the right to speak up for any company,if you've had good parts/results.etc. The hoods I spoke of were ones we'd ordered,I guess,about 4 years back now.the customer service was bad,too.But I also heard from another couple people recently who said they were satisfied...:thumb

What kind of of body work was needed to put this hood on your vette :ohnoes. I talked to a guy at the American Custom Ind. car show that had one from them, and he didn't have to do any mods to it ;shrug.

What kind of of body work was needed to put this hood on your vette :ohnoes. I talked to a guy at the American Custom Ind. car show that had one from them, and he didn't have to do any mods to it ;shrug.
DeceptionPass2-3-09009.jpg
This hood? Actually,I dont remember the body guy saying he did much to the hood itself.The metal screening did have to be installed behind the vents,& the underside needed some attention.But every vettes body fiberglass is a bit different after time,& he had trouble with my drivers side upper corner,where the hood sat a bit high.It still is but not real noticeable unless youre really focused in on that area. In this pic,you can see the area I mentioned,but the hood isnt closed all the way,so I guess its not a good example.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom