Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Twin Turbo Z06

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
I'll admit to not spending a lot of time on the C5 Forum since I don't have one so this may have been covered previously.

Yesterday I caught part of a Two Guys Garage Episode where they were installing a twin turbo kit on what they said was a Z06. It was a convertible so it was either a conversion or was a built up car. Anyway it had a LS6 in it and appeared to have other Z06 features.

The kit mounted the inter cooler in the normal position and ran long tubes through the rocker panels to the rear of the car where the turbos mounted beside the mufflers. It used a bleed off valve that was said to keep the turbos spun up so there was no lag. It also ran a waste gate up at the engine.

Has anyone ever seen this system in action? It seems to me that this system just can't help but be sluggish until all of that length of pipe running both ways was pressurized. Also it seems that the turbos would take a beating from tire debris. Wouldn't a Megacharger, Vortect or Procharger set up be a lot easier with better results?

Tom

Haven't seen it in action either but talked to an independent garage that did a C5 install for the system and he had nothing but good things to say.

It's an interesting setup for sure.

I don't think it is as effective as the APS system, but I have seen one in action and can state the STS definitely works. It also offers a weight distribution advantage by placing the turbos down low and in the rear.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom