Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Two 315/35s in the rear or four 275/40s?

toomuchtorque

Corvette
2002 Black Z06
I have one badly damaged tire in the left rear and I need to replace it. My rims in front are 17X9.5 in the front and 17X11 in the rear. The tires have a good amount of tread left on them, so I don't want to waste them if I really don't have to. I'm wondering if I should get two 315/35s for the rear or four 275/40s. If I get four tires the same size I can rotate them and I'll probably get better performance because the tires will all be the same brand, but its going to cost an extra $200. You guys know best. What should I do?

By considering 4 275/40's are you going to get a pair of 9.5" wheels to replace the 11x17's?? The 275/40 will be pretty difficult to mount on 11" wide rims. By going to 4 tires/wheels of the same size, you will gain the ability to rotate the tires front to rear. You might see a slight difference in handling by having a narrower tire in the rear but it shouldn't be a big issue.

Yeah, when I rotate my tires from back to front I will have to remove the tire from the larger rims to the smaller rims and vice versa. Thats another down side.

Get one or two new 315's. You don't want the 11's on the front with 9.5's on the rear. PERIOD :eyerole

I absolutely agree, I don't want the 11s in the rear, but thats the way the car came. Anyway, I'm off to buy two 315s...

toomuchtorque said:
I absolutely agree, I don't want the 11s in the rear, but thats the way the car came. Anyway, I'm off to buy two 315s...

The 11's ROCK for handleing! What wheels do you have? I've got a set of the 9.5 rear sawblades off a 96 in primo shape if you're interested.

Moonunit 451 said:
The 11's ROCK for handleing! What wheels do you have? I've got a set of the 9.5 rear sawblades off a 96 in primo shape if you're interested.
Moonunit,
What do you mean "ROCK for handleing?" Are rear 9.5s better to handle than 11s rear? My Vette90cupe's all four corners are 9.5, but I plan to switch rears to 11s. Shall I refuse of doing such??

If you stick with the 11's in the rear go with 315's on them. they look real good and it handles extremely well! IMO!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom