Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

underhood light

XS650 said:
I rerouted the right light wire so it got power from the left light, then drilled a hole in the hood stiffner and installed a switch right next to the left light. About 30 minutes, but it's a
Corvette, it's worth the effort :)
this is all good advice and appreciated but since i have removed the u/hood bulbs.....wont that prevent my battery from draining? i'll install a switch later. right now i need to install a power-brake-booster. with the bulbs out the circuit is shorted so i am safe.....right?

krgoodman said:
with the bulbs out the circuit is shorted so i am safe.....right?
With the bulbs out the circuit is open, exactly the opposite of shorted. Your battery won't drain because of the underhood lights if the bulbs are out.

Ain't You People Got No Camera's :confused

Moonunit 451 said:
Ain't You People Got No Camera's :confused
Here you go....

Got me a camera, but ain't got no car! Moon, if you look in the picture I posted in the hood-prop thread, you should be able to see my switch at the back of the wheel well.
[RICHR]

Thanks Rich, I'll take a look ---- where's your car? :eek

I got too frustrated at not getting it to run right and threw it off a cliff...

Just kidding! I did give up and take it to my favorite mechanic and asked him to degree the cam (which I should have had him do when he dropped the motor in - MUCH cheaper then) and make sure the pushrods were preloaded right. He's had it for a week or so, taking his time, and also he's grinding the rocker arms a bit more because the clearances weren't up to spec.
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom