Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Unidentified ECM wire (need help on this one!)

Peer81

Corvette
'81 Black
Hello everybody,

In my quest to change the ECM to a '88 1228079 ECM I was checking all the wires are the ECM because the ECM terminal identification on Fig. 6E1-46 is incorrect! BUT my smallest ECM connector has one white wire more (at the M terminal) then all the wiring harness diagrams I have are showing. So can somebody check for me if they also have the white wire at Terminal M? It's a thick wire maybe 1.0 or more! In this 2006 picture I had when I had the ECM wiring out of the car you can see the wire as the lowest wire!

IMG_2085.JPG

Second question of course is what does it do? I looked at all the connectors in the engine bay but no white wire overthere (accept for the white wire going to the ESP but that is on terminal 12 at the ECM big connector). So it could be that it is connected to something under the center console but I checked the pictures I have on the wiring under there and also no white wire from the ECM harness. Also the '88 service manual I have shows that terminal M is not used.
If somebody could take a look if the also have this wire. It should be in the harness going to the top connector to the ECM. And if somebody knows what it does I sure would like to know :)
Thanks!

Greetings Peter

Cor helped me with this one.

He looked into his old (broken) ECM and terminal M a dead end on the print, so it's connected to nothing! Still weird why the thickest wire of them all has no function. :)
Thanks again Cor! :thumb

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom