Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Unknown numbers!

R

Ruby Rag Top

I was cleaning my Ruby Convertible over the weekend and was sad/thorough enough to remove the fuel tank filler door to polish underneath. On doing this I came across some numbers and letters which I wondered if any of you could decipher for me. I wil try to produce them in the way that they are on the car. The are engraved into the bodywork before the car was sprayed.
They are;

1-26-93-1
DS
CS

The initials are in an italic script and appear to be done freehand. The first set of numbers do not correspond in any way to the Vin#. I guess that the second set refer to the day that the car was built, but what does the second 1 refer to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Colin Bruce in the U.K.

The numbers are probably for the part, that is, the door itself. You are probably correct in assuming that the date has to do with the build date, but the extra "1" I haven't a clue as to what it might signify. :confused

_ken :w

Thanks for the reply

Hi Ken, Thanks for replying to my thread on 'unknown numbers. You have suggested that these numbers may relate to the door. I should have made clear in the thread that these numbers are actually in the body panel of the vette (rear deck) They must have been there from the factory as they have been oversprayed with the original ruby red paint of the anniversary model. I have not yet asked any others with vettes on this side of the pond to remove their filler lids to see if there are numbers on there rear panels, but curiosity may now make me do this.

ColinBruce

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom