Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Update on my MagnaFlows - attn: JefNLsa

Blu ByU

Corvette
'04 CE LeMans Blue Coupe, 1978 Pace Car
Just had my set of MagnaFlows installed this morning, and they rock!! Jeff, thanks so much for the recommendation, they are exactly what I was after as far as looks and sound. As I mentioned, I didn't want the car to sound obnoxiously loud, but wanted a better sound than the stock system. These are a perfect "in between" - you can tell they aren't stock, yet at idle you can barely tell the difference. Under power, they sound great! And wow do they look cool sticking out the back end. Thanks again for the help - Jeff and everybody else who piped up to my question.

Good to hear about the magnaflows! I also am getting them put on my 87' this friday. I can hardly wait to hear that rumble. Do you by chance have a sound clip?
shane

Pictures?

Blu ByU said:
Just had my set of MagnaFlows installed this morning, and they rock!! Jeff, thanks so much for the recommendation, they are exactly what I was after as far as looks and sound. As I mentioned, I didn't want the car to sound obnoxiously loud, but wanted a better sound than the stock system. These are a perfect "in between" - you can tell they aren't stock, yet at idle you can barely tell the difference. Under power, they sound great! And wow do they look cool sticking out the back end. Thanks again for the help - Jeff and everybody else who piped up to my question.

Cool...glad you like 'em :upthumbs

Stand behind the car at idle and you'll notice a difference!
Then have someone rev it up while you're back there and...:D

ZumZum said:
Pictures?

I'll try to snap a picture tonight and post it. I don't know how to do a sound clip, so no luck there. However, if you go to the MagnaFlow web site, they have sound clips on there.

I hope Selim sees this thread!:D

tlong said:
Do they drone on the highway? You know, the 'R' word.

So far, no. But I haven't been able to open her up yet, either. Got up to about 70 for just a short sprint, and they sounded great. Maybe on the drive home tonight....

Blu ByU said:
So far, no. But I haven't been able to open her up yet, either. Got up to about 70 for just a short sprint, and they sounded great. Maybe on the drive home tonight....

The only real resonance (if any) you're going to hear will be at very low rpms. Mine is a 6spd and the only time I get any at all is if I cruise at below 60 in 6th...which I rarely if ever do. :)

Tims93 said:
Blu,

Did you purchase them from the MagnaFlow web-site??

No, I ordered them from Performance Peddlers - they gave me a good deal over the phone (thanks yet again Jeff). Here's a quick pic I just took...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom