Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Update Pic's Of The A/C Install On The 502

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Here are some mock up pics of the install. Have some more tweaks and bracketing to do. Then it's inside to finish up wireing and hose routing. Kid_Again is coming over this week end and were going to lite off the motor. It hasn't been run since March. Will see how good the Optima Red Top Battery Is. It ain't been charged since the motor ran the last time.:D

ac001.jpg

ac004.jpg

ac007.jpg

ac008.jpg

ac015.jpg

Wow, those pics look great! You are gonna have one cool ride when you get done!

As far as the Red Top..........if you need to charge it (I am not saying you do, just that if you need to) charge the battery at 10 amps for a couple of hours. Do not use a trickle charger or a 2 amp charge. Ask me how I know! ;LOL

SAVE THE :w

Wow, those pics look great! You are gonna have one cool ride when you get done!

As far as the Red Top..........if you need to charge it (I am not saying you do, just that if you need to) charge the battery at 10 amps for a couple of hours. Do not use a trickle charger or a 2 amp charge. Ask me how I know! ;LOL

SAVE THE :w

I'm betting she'll fire right up. But first I'll crank the motor with the MSD defeated and build up some oil pressure. Then will see if we have any juice left to crank it with the MSD hot. :D

If it comes down to a dead battery...I'll jumper cable KId_Again's Blown SB and suck his battery down. Not to worry ..he'ds got the same 140 Amp POWERMASTER alternator that I do. Should be enough power for 3 Vette's..
;LOL

Nice work, Viet Nam Vett.

I can see the influence of your occupation in your underhood work. :beer

Thank You Bob,

Oral Testing anti depressent and hallucinogenic drugs for a living is very helpful. One gets to gaze into the relm of automotive "What If's" as you are creating and installing systems that cool your body.

You can visualize electromechanical systems that flow endlessly into the passenger compartment and thru and into the fuel tank and then return to the horn relay. Once while test Drug Number R 746...I once had a vision of a cooling system that chilled the front windshiled without actually fogging the glass.

At the same time, I invisioned micro fans that were implanted in the glass also that provided the air flow over the driver and pasenger. My only problem was how to wash the windshield without frezzing it over. But, be assured...I'm working on it.:D

I'll bet you are rarin' to go, looks good. :beer

Well,
It's like one of those two man Horse costumes.... The front half is ready... but the back half ain't done yet...
:D

i'm leaving now to go to the BIG ORANGE BOX and will see you at 9:30

PLEASE ensure that my job is to, again, hold on to that VERY SPECIAL oil line which instantly heats up to 800* so that I can have matching scars on my palms:rotfl

:z...kind of boring at VNV's today....all of his lines were tight, no leaks, belts all lined up and interferred with nothing at all, it fired up RIGHT away and settled down to a nice idle

...nice job, as usual, Mark:cool

:z...kind of boring at VNV's today....all of his lines were tight, no leaks, belts all lined up and interferred with nothing at all, it fired up RIGHT away and settled down to a nice idle

...nice job, as usual, Mark:cool

Heh ....Thanks for the help....
:beer

Looking good mark,Did you see me the other day i tried waving but was on the phone,coming out of ventnor.

Looking good mark,Did you see me the other day i tried waving but was on the phone,coming out of ventnor.

Thanks Pat,
No I'm sorry I didn't see you. How's your Vette doing..??

Doing great driving it on every nice day there is.Right now im modifying the hood to get the cowl induction working to ram air into my ls1.I was in the red 2004 f150 4x4 ,you were in the hummer.

Doing great driving it on every nice day there is.Right now im modifying the hood to get the cowl induction working to ram air into my ls1.I was in the red 2004 f150 4x4 ,you were in the hummer.

Cool..Went to your Vette site and looked over your pic's. Very Nice..!!! You know I'm partial to 73's as I use to own a 73 454 cp. Your ride came out sweet... The only thing you left out was A/C :D.

Because i was waiting for you to get yours done,so i can see how it works out.:upthumbs Im not a big fan of a/c but now that im getting older im changing my mind.Thanks,its been 11 years and its now starting to show its age ,frame off next winter,if my doctor lets me.Im on prednisone for my lung disorder(sarchoidosis) hopefully in a year ill be back to 80%.Then hell let me paint and body work again.

Because i was waiting for you to get yours done,so i can see how it works out.:upthumbs Im not a big fan of a/c but now that im getting older im changing my mind.

Same here..but I have a big road trip planned Aug 2008 starting in Vegas, and know way am I driven a 502 with side pipes without A/C in that heat.

Stop by and check it out if you want. Just give me a heads up or if you see me in the garage pull in.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom