Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Updated seats

CQRT

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary coupe
Greetings from Arizona!
Am contemplating replacing original `74 seats with seats/frame from `93. I'm sure this is a common upgrade- but wonder if the bolt holes match up and secondly, assuming drivers side is power- where do you pull power from?- battery since it's so close? Not sure where seat control switch is located- assume on side of seat?? Great website AND GREAT VETTER'S
Thanks-
rwt

I have 94--non power seats in my 69.

Yes, they will fit, but I am not sure how you will do that with the power tracks.

I mounted the C3 tracks on my floor, then put the C4 seats in place with the lower cushion removed, I was able to mount plates on the tracks (You have to raise the seat about 3/8" off the C3 track) and mount through the stock C4 holes into my 3/8" thick adapter plates that I put at both ends of the C3 rails.

No...I don't have any pictures of that to share..sorry.

It is fairly straight forward.

I think the power stuff will push them too high, and of course you will have to chop/drill, etc. your floor to mount the C4 track and all if you go that route....however, no doubt it can be done.

Yikes ! So much for "plug and play ! Thanks for the advice-- I may reconsider the wisdom of this switch.
RWT

CQRT said:
Greetings from Arizona!
Am contemplating replacing original `74 seats with seats/frame from `93. I'm sure this is a common upgrade- but wonder if the bolt holes match up and secondly, assuming drivers side is power- where do you pull power from?- battery since it's so close? Not sure where seat control switch is located- assume on side of seat?? Great website AND GREAT VETTER'S
Thanks-
rwt

Chris--
I was told that if you took the floorboards from a late C3 (like an 82), they would be deeper than the earlier years. This might allow for the use of a power seat. I am still thinking about manual seats for mine, but that was one suggestion I heard for using a power seat that seemed to make sense.

I saw a 78 with power C4 seats in it at a show. The seats were really high in the car. I did not however examine how he installed them, but assumed it had the same problem as my 69 would installing them.

It is worth playing with to find out.

69MyWay said:
I saw a 78 with power C4 seats in it at a show. The seats were really high in the car. I did not however examine how he installed them, but assumed it had the same problem as my 69 would installing them.

It is worth playing with to find out.

I don't think the deeper floorpans became available until '81 or maybe even with the '82 Collector's Edition, but I was thinking that one of the last C3's had a primitive power seat from the factory. I was thinking that this was actually the reason for the deeper floorpans. someone please correct me if I am wrong!

Bryan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom