Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Updated seats

CQRT

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary coupe
Greetings from Arizona!
Am contemplating replacing original `74 seats with seats/frame from `93. I'm sure this is a common upgrade- but wonder if the bolt holes match up and secondly, assuming drivers side is power- where do you pull power from?- battery since it's so close? Not sure where seat control switch is located- assume on side of seat?? Great website AND GREAT VETTER'S
Thanks-
rwt

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I have 94--non power seats in my 69.

Yes, they will fit, but I am not sure how you will do that with the power tracks.

I mounted the C3 tracks on my floor, then put the C4 seats in place with the lower cushion removed, I was able to mount plates on the tracks (You have to raise the seat about 3/8" off the C3 track) and mount through the stock C4 holes into my 3/8" thick adapter plates that I put at both ends of the C3 rails.

No...I don't have any pictures of that to share..sorry.

It is fairly straight forward.

I think the power stuff will push them too high, and of course you will have to chop/drill, etc. your floor to mount the C4 track and all if you go that route....however, no doubt it can be done.

CQRT

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary coupe
Yikes ! So much for "plug and play ! Thanks for the advice-- I may reconsider the wisdom of this switch.
RWT

L

Last Ride

CQRT said:
Greetings from Arizona!
Am contemplating replacing original `74 seats with seats/frame from `93. I'm sure this is a common upgrade- but wonder if the bolt holes match up and secondly, assuming drivers side is power- where do you pull power from?- battery since it's so close? Not sure where seat control switch is located- assume on side of seat?? Great website AND GREAT VETTER'S
Thanks-
rwt

Chris--
I was told that if you took the floorboards from a late C3 (like an 82), they would be deeper than the earlier years. This might allow for the use of a power seat. I am still thinking about manual seats for mine, but that was one suggestion I heard for using a power seat that seemed to make sense.

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I saw a 78 with power C4 seats in it at a show. The seats were really high in the car. I did not however examine how he installed them, but assumed it had the same problem as my 69 would installing them.

It is worth playing with to find out.

L

Last Ride

69MyWay said:
I saw a 78 with power C4 seats in it at a show. The seats were really high in the car. I did not however examine how he installed them, but assumed it had the same problem as my 69 would installing them.

It is worth playing with to find out.

I don't think the deeper floorpans became available until '81 or maybe even with the '82 Collector's Edition, but I was thinking that one of the last C3's had a primitive power seat from the factory. I was thinking that this was actually the reason for the deeper floorpans. someone please correct me if I am wrong!

Bryan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom