Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

upgrade to shoulder and lap belts

crause

Corvette
75 Convertible-steel blue / 2000 lt. pewter conv.
I would like to upgrade my 75 convertible lap belts to some type of shoulder/lap belt. I understand that some 75's came with an optional shoulder belt feature. I have looked at some of the mods in different parts books but they are kind of pricey. I thought that someone may have modified something from a salvage yard were seat belts are a dime a dozen.

Andy

Hi.

I looked into this a little bit earlier. I've got a '77 custom convertible. My seat belts are simple generic lap belts. (non-retracts.) I would like to upgrade (one day) to a retactable shoulder/lap system. However, I believe that you need some type of support behind your shoulder for attaching the belt properly.

There are support tubes that can be purchased, which bolt to your vehicle. (Right behind the seats.) This tube helps to strengthen the frame, and can provide a point in which to attach shoulder belts. Roll bar(s) can also be attached to it as well.

-Vic

The coupe came standard with shoulder belts. They were optional on the convertibles. So you may be able to get used shoulder belts from a Vette salvage dealer.

One option that several have used is the rear seat belts out of a Camaro. Believe from either early or mid 90's Camaros. The retractor mounts in the correct orientation so they will work. Do a search, believe it has been discussed quite a bit here.

tom...

The belts that work are REAR belts out of a 93-up camaro or firebird. Depending on the year of C3 they are either a straight bolt-in, or close to one.

/Markus

Thanks for the replys, I will start searching salvage yards for some old Camaros. There should be a ton of them around.

Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom