Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Used Z06

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
If I were to buy a used Z06 is there a year or features that I would be smarter to buy or stay away from? Where can I find Hib Halverson's article on what he ordered in his new '12 Z06? Is the clutch really hard to depress and takes some getting used to? I don't know a lot about the Z06s, obviously.

From what I have read up on I would say no. They made some changes to the steering and some other things for 08 for the entire line up so maybe you could aim for that. They are all bad azz.........I don't know about the clutch in the Z as opposed to the Grand Sport but the clutch in my GS is not heavy to work. As far as options get the HUD and the color you want. Good luck with your search. :thumb

If I were to buy a used Z06 is there a year or features that I would be smarter to buy or stay away from? Where can I find Hib Halverson's article on what he ordered in his new '12 Z06? Is the clutch really hard to depress and takes some getting used to? I don't know a lot about the Z06s, obviously.

Do search and you should be able to get all the info you want, but in general there was roof delamination recall on the 2006 and early 2007's, some of the 2007's have had rocker arm issues (needle bearings falling out and ending up in the oil pan) and if you do a search you can get the specifics. Of course there is the famous valve dropping issue which has been beat to death and still is; again do a search and you will be overwhelmed, although it appears to have affected less than 1% of the cars built (statistically) from 2007 through 2009. Up through 2008 the oil capacity was 8.5 quarts, this was upped to 10.5 due to oil starvation when being tracked and hard cornering.You can find a lot of info on another popular Forum also.

The problems with the Z after introduction should have been taken care of long ago. I suspect anything you get now will be well sorted out, and a bargain to boot. I used my 07 as a daily driver for years, and it was fun and reliable. For a 200 mph beast, the Z is uncommonly easy to get along with.

The problems with the Z after introduction should have been taken care of long ago. I suspect anything you get now will be well sorted out, and a bargain to boot. I used my 07 as a daily driver for years, and it was fun and reliable. For a 200 mph beast, the Z is uncommonly easy to get along with.

I agree, especially in heavy b2b traffic. Their VERY docile cars, especially for what they are. Their dependable, get great fuel mileage, especially for big cubed LS7 (when driving normal.) Otherwise they turn into beasts.

'Some' of Z06 changes/updates: trannies were updated
, half shafts were updated, interior updated, dry sump tank capacity was enlarged, changed to Bosch electronics, 3LZ was into'd, p/n to exhaust valves changed, exhaust was changed, oil cooler was changed, carbon ceramic brakes became available, performance Traction Management became available....plus more I'm havent mentioned.....

If I was looking for a Z06, I'd demand Magnetic Selective Ride Control...but I'm more street oriented. They're all pretty bad-ass...

If I was looking for a Z06, I'd demand Magnetic Selective Ride Control...but I'm more street oriented. They're all pretty bad-ass...

The Z06 doesn't come with Magnetic Selective Ride.

Elaine

The Z06 doesn't come with Magnetic Selective Ride.

Elaine[/QUOTE
Well not quite. The 2011 Carbon comes with it as standard equipment. 2012-13 as an option

Earlier years your are correct. Not offered.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom