Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vacuum line at FPR

GREAT! It's always nice to have an ending like that! ENJOY THE VETTE!
Andy

Thanks Andy...SE Mass is not far away at all....the drink is begining to flow..when your up in MA let me know!

Congrats on a successful repair !

I feel your pain with the new parts being bad. Just did that with a belt tensioner pulley and ate 3 belts within a month. Nawwwww can;t be the NEW pulley....

Thanks Andy...SE Mass is not far away at all....the drink is begining to flow..when your up in MA let me know!
Live and work in Mass. Keep the Vette in Florida and visit it as often as I can (which AIN'T near enuf!). Lookin to retire in mid 2012, then we'll move to Florida permanently and get rid of the house here.
Andy :w

Nice! Wife is looking to retire this year..I still have more years to go, but fortunately the company I work for in MA has several offices in FL....Thinking about the snowbird routine in the next year or two.....which leads me to wonder....A vette in each state???

Paddywhack.........PM sent.
Andy

Fired up and much better, but not quite right, still had a skip and fuel stench from the drivers side exhaust. No. 1 plug was soaked with fuel.

While I am happy for you, there is something I am not certain about. Why is your #1 soaked with fuel? Is it still doing that?

plug and/or wire was bad...replaced all the plugs and wires....no more skip or fuel smell....runs perfect

Love that color!

Are those runners the stock units with paint or is that somebodys aftermarket runner set that came painted? Looks good.

They are the stock units...when I got the car, the engine was awash in oil, grease p/s fluid. I cleaned the runners and plenum the best I could, but it still looked like stained aluminum. So I tried high heat red on the runners and high heat black on the plenum.

All I can say is when you get to Florida it's tint time for that baby or you will fry inside.If you have the transparent top a piece of toast out of the toaster will be cooler than you are inside!

Vacuum Hose

I have an 89 and need the hose assembly(?) the goes from the canister to the TB and "Y' s off. Any one know where to get this part? Thanks.............

Unless you can get a NOS part, try a universal Y (or T) fitting. I have a few Vac T fittings that I can send for free, if size is right. PM address at me here...

ed.:
Just checked here Blue; both are T connectors, removed from my '90 Z secondary vac system - not sure the size. You're welcome to them if you want to try...

Last edited:
Don't need connectors, need the hose that runs all the way from the canister to the TB. Mine is brittle and when I try to heat shrink it, it breaks in another place but I REALLY appreciate your offer. Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom