Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: valet key power key how it work?

italian job

Corvette
1990 zr1
Hi all, (please excuse me for not too good english) reading the owner manual (1990) there this note:
"switching from NORMAL to the FULL mode setting and to FULL from the NORMAL setting may be done at engine speeds up to 4000 rpm"

Now my questions are:
1 this mean switching from normal to full, or from full to normal above 4000 rpm can be dangerous for the engine?

2 This mean switching from normal to full, or from full to normal above 4000 rpm, will not change the engine mode? So if I switch from normal to full while engine already run at 4500 rpm, engine will continue to run at normal mode also if key is on full position and I will need to wait for engine return again at 4000 rpm then full power will go on automatically?

or...what else?

Now my questions are:
1 this mean switching from normal to full, or from full to normal above 4000 rpm can be dangerous for the engine?

No. It means the engine computer will not allow a change in valet key state above 4000 rpm.

2 This mean switching from normal to full, or from full to normal above 4000 rpm, will not change the engine mode?
Correct
So if I switch from normal to full while engine already run at 4500 rpm, engine will continue to run at normal mode also if key is on full position and I will need to wait for engine return again at 4000 rpm then full power will go on automatically?

or...what else?

I can't answer the last part. Sorry.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom