Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! valvebody?????

jgr91vette

Corvette
1991 L98 blue coupe
hi everyone

i just bought a rebuilt th700r4 for my 91 vette, but ive been having a lot of problems first it didnt shift to 4th and shifting to 2nd and 3rd it slipped to much. thanks god i bought it with warranty, so i took the car back to de shop and they changed the valve body and this time it make the shift to 4th but the slippage continued. then they tried another valvebody and this one made the shits to 2nd and 3rd very firm , but again it didnt make it to 4rd. by now i have changed at least 6 times the valvebody and nothing they cant make it to work right and im lossing my patience!!!

is all this problem only because of the valvebody???
or is there another thing that can be causing this???

any ideas would be great!!!:D

I been going thourgh the same your sounds like they have a torn seal in the trans it self they will most likly have to pull the complete trans back out and tear all the way down and replace te bad seal.

I dont know where your at but here we have the BAR and BBB I reported the shop I took my car too I mitew get my money back fromn the shop do to there ctrapy work. My car my car went back twice for almost 2 months and when I got back from them it was still screwed up I will not bring the car back to them there more to that sid eof the story.

You need feedback from PeteK on the boards here; judging from your problems, I bet in this case he can tell the exact problem...

The newer 700's - 4L60e, had a common problem with valve bores 'egging out' (of round), which caused fluid pressure loss, and made the fluid pressure boost to maximum. This made HARD shifts, and would cook the tranny in short order if not fixed, or re-set.

Doesn't sound like your problem, but keep it in mind maybe...

thanx for the advices!!
last time like a week ago they burned up the tranny cause of this problem and they tear apart again the tranny to replace all seals and change the rebuild kit once again!!!
but they didnt found any broken seal...
they are giving me the car back tomorrow with a valvebody that makes it to 3rd gear with a good possitive and firm shifting , but once again it doesnt make 4rd...
they are tired of change valve bodies jajaja so they are getting another complete tranny to change it they told me to wait two weeks!!!
hopefuly this would make it work right!!!!!
:confused

thanx for the advices!!
last time like a week ago they burned up the tranny cause of this problem and they tear apart again the tranny to replace all seals and change the rebuild kit once again!!!
but they didnt found any broken seal...
they are giving me the car back tomorrow with a valvebody that makes it to 3rd gear with a good possitive and firm shifting , but once again it doesnt make 4rd...
they are tired of change valve bodies jajaja so they are getting another complete tranny to change it they told me to wait two weeks!!!
hopefuly this would make it work right!!!!!
:confused

Vette valve bodies (and police cars) contain a unique valve that will allow the trans to shift into 4th geat (with throttle wide open).
That valve was available from GM, but is discontinued. Old stock on this valve is completely gone from GM, and all of their US dealerships. I know this to be true, as I located and bought the remaining 5 valves for my stock.
With the above said, you need to get out of that shop.
They sound like they are on the lower end of quality.
Why not use the correct trans case and valve body for your transmission?

Vette valve bodies (and police cars) contain a unique valve that will allow the trans to shift into 4th geat (with throttle wide open).
That valve was available from GM, but is discontinued. Old stock on this valve is completely gone from GM, and all of their US dealerships. I know this to be true, as I located and bought the remaining 5 valves for my stock.
With the above said, you need to get out of that shop.
They sound like they are on the lower end of quality.
Why not use the correct trans case and valve body for your transmission?

thanks pete. it was the valve body that shop its a crap for sure i wont take my car there again i only took it there cause of the warranty cause y bought the tranny there. they end up installing a pickup valve body from other of their customers so we can say that they are a real thiefs but now the tranny works fine. i have my original vette case now im just gonna change the servos from my vette case to the other and installing a shift kit and my governor so it can feel a little more agressive !!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom