Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vanity Lights on visor not coming on..

E

ELECTRONJMB

Hi folks my 02's vanity mirror lights only seem to work from the dash switch dimmmer knob, they do not light up when you flip them open, could it be a fuse? Help as my Girlfriend is horrified, not being able to check herself..
Help,
Jeff

My dome lights work when the door is open or by turning the knob, the vanity lights are now working. Do they not come on at nite if the top is down? I think that was the scenario.. perhaps not to blind people behind you? as they work with the top up. My map lights under the mirror however do not work at all via the buttons on the mirror, they only come on via the knob switch or the door open.. My day nite function does not seem to work either...
Jeff

If the fuse does not fix it...

My drivers side does this from time to time. Wiggle the white switch pin that protrudes out; mines comes back on if I do that. I feel my contacts may be dirty but do not care since I never use it. The passenger side works just fine for program management!

All fuses are good, I took the car into the dealer, they replaced the rearview mirror, (under warranty) and the map lights still do not work from the buttons on the mirror, nor does the auto dimming function, and my vanity lights still only come on if the door is open or you turn the dash dimmer knob switch on to bring on all interior lights, then they work!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom