Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vbp Performance Plus System For C3

R

Ryu8200

Hello...
I have a simple question to ask you guys..I'm wondering how many hours should a shop charge to undo the old suspension and change it to the VBP performance plus system? My current project is coming near its completion and I just want to make sure that I'm not over charged..
Thank you
Jason Aquino

Do you have the kit yet? Mine just came from Eckler's missing parts and in overall poor condition. I called them up and they told me they'd reimburse me for shipping back and they will replace it. Just figured I'd give a heads up in case it hasn't been ordered yet. On the other hand, they are about $300 cheaper than from VBP. Near as I can tell the only differences are that you get different shocks (but they are still Bilstein) and different ball joints. Depsite what the VBP salesman says, the Eckler's kit does have the ball joints pre-installled.

I just had the system put on a few months ago, what a differance in the ride. They say from VP&B it takes about 3 hours for the front end (it was) With alignment I paid $285 for everything, front & rear. BUT I had it at my friends shop and he only had his mechanic work on it when he was slow. I had the offset trailing arms also put on. I think you will pay around $500. for the work.
All part's were shipped,
Good luck

a competent shop should not take any longer than 5 hrs for both ends. the swap is easy, the kit replaces all old suspension components. if time is lost, it will be from removing the old stuff. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR LOWER A-ARM MOUNTING BRACKETS!!!! they are prone to cracking/breaking the welds on the frame. when i did my front end, the bracket fell off after i removed the front two mounting bolts. Brian

It took me about 4 hours to install both ends, I had my body off the frame though, so it made it helluwa lot easier. :beer

Good work on the speed of the job.
On the setting of the stiffness on the bolt hole I have mine on the second hole going outboard from the inside and the spring set high for a firm yet soft ride, soft bounce if to soft.
Handles real great, hope this may help you out on the first settings before you drive it. I tried it the other way second from most outboard and it bounces so your teeth hit, but you can turn so much faster. IM glad I redone my Vette to the upgrade. They had a brand new laser 4 wheel alignment machine. I have the specs on the finished job along with the factory specs. I can email them to you, IM not sure if they will come out in a picture posting.
Unless someone out there can tell me how to put it in a reply post.
The shop SHOULD give you a estimite before the work is started so he won't rip you off. If you have to take off the old parts off of your rear trailing arms R&R total should be no more than 6 hours.
Make sure you check the front as AKRAY4PLAY said.
There was a posting a few months ago where 5 of us had them crack and come apart.
Enjoy the ride,
George
:beer :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom