Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vehicle Certification Label / Tire Information Sticker

Drwhitesr

Corvette
1980 C3 Corvette Red Coupe
I am trying to replace the Vehicle Certification Label as well as the Tire Information Sticker that belongs on the rear upper portion of the drivers door. I am trying to confirm the following information. GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight rating). GAWR Front (Gross Axle Weight Rating Front)
GAWR Rear. (Gross Axle Weight Rating Rear). I am trying to determine the month that the car was built in 1980. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. The car is a 1980 built in St Louis.

There should be a metal tag pop riveted to the front of the drivers side door on the body,if you get us the codes and post them,we can help you find the build date of your Vette.

I'll look when I get home and see if I can find the tire info .
Or I'll take a pic of mine and post it for you.(it's an'81).
Some one else may also post it before I do.if they have it available

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

There should be a metal tag pop riveted to the front of the drivers side door on the body,if you get us the codes and post them,we can help you find the build date of your Vette.

I'll look when I get home and see if I can find the tire info .
Or I'll take a pic of mine and post it for you.(it's an'81).
Some one else may also post it before I do.if they have it available

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. The metal tag that should be on the door is also not there. Replacing the two stickers are step one and then replacing the metal tag will be step two. Again, thanks for the feedback.

The tire pressure label is easy to get in reproduction.

Corvette Decal Tire Pressure 78 82 ( #E20655 ) | EC Products

The GAWR and GVWR numbers vary according to the vehicle options and I don't know of any reproduction labels being available for an '80 anyway.

The metal trim tag is the biggest problem as many people have an ethical issue with repros being considered almost an attempt to counterfeit. This guy might be able to help

TRIM TAGS - Home

IF you post your VIN we can help with some basic info on build date.

The tire pressure label is easy to get in reproduction.

Corvette Decal Tire Pressure 78 82 ( #E20655 ) | EC Products

The GAWR and GVWR numbers vary according to the vehicle options and I don't know of any reproduction labels being available for an '80 anyway.

The metal trim tag is the biggest problem as many people have an ethical issue with repros being considered almost an attempt to counterfeit. This guy might be able to help

TRIM TAGS - Home

IF you post your VIN we can help with some basic info on build date.

I have found a company that is licensed by GM to reproduce both tags, I am just trying to find the information that should be on the labels. I think I will have to find a 1980 C3 that has the same size tires and that still has the labels on the doors. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Last edited:
Where did you get the info to put on them?

For the information that is standard on all 1980 C3 such as axle weights and gross vehicle weight rating, I found a like car and got the information off of the tags on that car. For the information specific to my car, I was able to find things like build month and year on line.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom