Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vehicle Weight

M

MrZ06

Has anybody actually weighed a 2001 Z06 and a 2002 Z06 to see what the real delivery weight is? And the difference there-of, you know, like doing a rwhp dyno vs. the advertised hp.

:) 3160 here with full tank of gas, my buddies Z06 weigths 3172lbs. with 1/2 tank...go figure ?

His car had Hoosiers on it, but mounted on the stock Z06 rims ;)

Hey Trumper,

Did your buddie's have the same options as you minus the Hoosiers.

MrZ06 said:
Has anybody actually weighed a 2001 Z06 and a 2002 Z06 to see what the real delivery weight is? And the difference there-of, you know, like doing a rwhp dyno vs. the advertised hp.

The invoice for my 2001 Z06 lists the "shipping weight" as 3,040 lbs. When the car is delivered it has just over two gallons of fuel in the tank according to the Chevy dealer. Gasoline weighs approximately 6 lbs per gallon (that's the figure I use for aircraft weight and balance computations) so another 16.5 gallons (i.e., a full load of fuel) adds another 99 lbs to the car for a total without driver (or significant other) of 3,139.

Since Chevrolet pays the carrier to transport the cars based on their weight I would hazard a guess that the invoice shipping weight is very accurate.

Prevent heavy people from riding shotgun, exercise regularly, and limit your calories to 2,400 per day. Every pound saved improves acceleration, braking, and cornering. :D

Ray

The 2002's, Dealer would not pull mine, were coming in at 3050 and he drove 12 miles from their other lot and said it was empty when I picked it up, so that makes sense now. I still want to try the trucking scales down the road when I get a chance with it full.
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom