Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Very limited Ed. 1972 - 454

81Coupe

Did anyone see the American Muscle Car show on Speedvision, the one on the history of the Vette. Well on it, they state that I believe in 72 there was an option code for a 454 with over 500HP. Aparently only 20 were produced. I was wondering, if anyone knows of this car and if so, has any info on it!! Thanks!!<br>
lungul@sk.sympatico.ca

Referencing the Corvette Black Book, the only engine options available were the LT1 (350ci, 255hp) and the LS5 (454ci, 270hp). The LS5 was not available in California.

I saw that

I saw that too, and that's when I quit watching. Although, every Corvette that I have seen,almost( I am exagerating a little here) has tried to have been made special,or one of a kind, by it's owner or seller. I know of an 84 that the guy swears it has 405HP and was a special car that GM accidently let out, and he was offered two new C-5 and a mint 67 BB for it from GM. I had a "special" 1980, that would blow it's doors off. And I know of a 68 that was supposedly, used by Evel Kneivel, in a movie, and it may have been, there is evidence of it having been painted Red, White, and Blue. When I hear a story like these, my first reaction is disbelieve, but hey.............it could happen..........Steve

In '72 you could get the RPO ZR1 that was a "Special Purpose LT1 Engine (350 ci) Option". There were 20 produced with this RPO. As already stated, the standard LS5 was the only Big Block option offered in '72.

In '71 you could get RPO LS6, a 454 / 425 hp with aluminum heads (188 produced), or the very rare RPO ZR2 version of the LS6 (only 12 produced).

NOTE: All info above taken from The Corvette Black Book,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom