Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Very nice '82 for sale.....

jim's82

Corvette
1982 Vette
Seriously considering selling my ’82. ~ 40K actual miles, new paint, tires, transmission, computer, prom, brakes - calipers/pads, radiator, alternator, wheel bearings, shocks springs, hoses/belts, A/C converted to the new stuff, rear main seal, intake man. Gasket, wiper motor, fuel pump, water pump, dist. Cap/wires/plugs…… and many more. Everything mentioned (plus) has been replaced over the last 3 – 4 years. Everything on the car works except cruise control & horn. The car had sat in Dallas TX for 10 years before I bought it. It needed a lot of TLC to get it in the shape it’s in now. I’ve taken it to a very trustworthy body shop here & paid him to inspect the car for evidence of previous body work &/or evidence of being wrecked. He had it 2 days…… over, under throughout & on the frame machine. Everything checked out perfect. I went to this trouble because the previous owner bought it a the police auction. He said the story was, “it was stolen out of Chicago in early 90’s, recovered in Dallas & sat in impound until auction”. He purchased it to re-sell. I drove it home without any trouble except for having to refill every fluid holding reservoir at each gas stop. I’ve sunk ~ $13K in to it & am very happy with what it’s become. I truly hate to part with it but right now I’m having to prioritize & think I’m going to have to let it go. Will definitely have to have another……. Just no time soon. I’m asking $10,900.00. Please feel free to let me know if that’s too high or too low for an ’82. I do want to price low enough for a rapid sale…… don’t think I could take the agony of a prolonged ordeal. Thanks

I may be interested. I live in Colorado so you are not too far away. Let me check some things out and I'll get back to you. Do you have any additional photos you can post or e-mail?

Here's some more pic's... thanks for the compliments on the car.... I don't drive it much at all. Maybe get it out of the garage once a month. That's why, it's become a "non-necessity" while needing to re-prioritize. Way too many expenses hitting ALL at the same time. Our son's college expenses & our daughter's wedding in August this year...... plus a few more biggies.
12-08-03_008.jpg

12-08-03_004.jpg

12-08-03_003.jpg

New_Paint_006.jpg

12-08-03_010.jpg

MVC00344.jpg

oct067b.jpg

Well..... so far I've had a couple of people want the car but no-one's been able to fund the deal. I guess that's going to work in my favor!!!! My wife said she could see the agony I was going through while describing the car & showing it. She's now saying that, if I'll behave..... by not bringing home any new toys for a while, "I should keep it"......!!!!!! WOW!!!! I truly thought she'd be turning her attention to my boat next....... not yet. So, for the moment (& hopefully forever), this ones off the market. Thanks for all the supportive & complimentary words.

:blue:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom