Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette Cover question

Rain

Corvette
2000 Coupe 6 speed
My 96 c4 came with a cover. but its filthy.

Anyone wash these things?
Or just string them over a line in the yard and hose em off?

When i remove mine, there is a fine brown dust all over my vette. Ran the cover in the dryer for about 20 minutes the other night.
Thought that might filter out the dust in it..
Nope. no good :(

Vette is going to be outside till June, then shes going to be garage kept.
Do most of you keep a cover on them, even in the garage?

Thanks
Rain

I suggest washing it but FOLLOW the directions.I shrank mine in the drier .I have to wash it about every 3 years because it getts "saturated" with dust.I tried blowing it off with a air hose but it doesnt work.Funny story,When I first shrank my car cover ,my wife was laughing at me but I told her I always liked my cars in tight clothes.;)

Funny one!
Yea, I had thought about that. Washin and Drying..
alas, Im not the orig. owner of the cover . and after searching every seam of it, no washing instructions.
;shrug

Spose I could just wash it and hang it to dry out on the Hammock/.....

Wash it in cold water (preferably in one of the BIG washers at the Laundromat, on the "gentle" cycle), and hang it out to dry; if you put it in the dryer, it'll shrink, and if it's water-resistant, it won't be any more when it comes out of the dryer.
:beer

Another question

How dangerous is it to drive your vette all day, and then return home to put the cover directly on it?

What I am getting at, are average car covers fire proof? Noticed mine sitting on the tail pipes last night when I got in and and had enough concern against melting my vette, to pull the back of the cover up above the rear bumper.

Is there enough hot metal on the rear to ignite a cover?

rain

the real question to me is not if its going to burn but why are you putting a cover on a dirty car?

Vette is not dirty. Just drove it across the coast and back.. well, not filthy anyway.
If you saw the debris the Live Oak trees are dropping this time of year, you might not ever take her out from under the cover.

Otherwise I would be washing it every day!

one more month till I am in the new house and shes garage kept
Rain

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom