Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vette mag???

blacksharkL82

Corvette
1992 RED coupe
Does any one have a copy of VETTE mag. Jan. 03 issue?
It may have a story of a side exhaust system installion and dyno results? If so, can you scan it and send it to me? this system should make more HP than some others. I don't know if it is true or anything about this story. That is what I'm trying to find out.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

I have it around here somewhere.

Seems to me however, it is all relative to other mods on the car, and the specific side exhaust you select.

Are you talking about going to hooker headers or stock style side pipes? The stock style can actually choke the car a bit, and the side pipes with standard Hooker Baffles can also cause some loss of flow, vs. a good set of duals and flow masters.

I run the JCL spriral baffle in my hooker sidepipes. I could feel a difference in upper end power/acceleratiobn going from the standard insert to those.

You have to watch out though, because the more free flowing, the louder, and the louder, the more bothersome the car can become on longer trips (take it from me after driving from FL to Bowling Green and back in June, at 70 mph, no overdrive and a big block roaring out of the hooker side pipes!).

Let me dig around for it. Maybe I can report back to you the key info from the article.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom