Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: VIN # on 69 coupe

weegie

Corvette
1969 t-top, black, 4spd
my vin number on the pillar matches my title.Thats the good news..The Bad news is the production number it is giving me is impossible. the last six numbers on my pillar are 177500.Any chance these numbers were inverted and not caught by inspection. 717500 does make sense, and this number also matches my block numbers on the boss. If I go to sell some day it would tough to explain that one.I know the last 3 owners and title has always transferred with no prob. But.................any other areas I can check to verify? any help would be appreciated....Thanks guys

These numbers should also be stamped on your Frame, One will be before the #4 body mounts on the drivers side which accessable. The other one is stamped on the side rail next to the drivers seat. Only other place would be the tank sticker. If you are lucky, it is also on the PoP.

good luck

Vito

vin # on 69 coupe

Thanks Vito, are you really in Japan ? is it on the top of the side rail or can I see it without removing anything

Yup, Kadena AFB Okinawa Japan.

The numbers are on the top. You won't be able to see the one next to your seat. The one next to #4 body mount should be viewable. Will probably need to clean the top area until you see it. You could hardly see mine, I cleaned the area real slow. I have the last 8 digets stamped on mine.

I also had the build sheet glue to the passenger side tank strap.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Vito

...the last six numbers on my pillar are 177500.Any chance these numbers were inverted and not caught by inspection...717500...matches my block numbers on the boss...

Anything is possible, but not likely it was not caught on the assembly line. Just the same, could be simple human error.

The first 7 is the car line series code. All 69s have the first 7. Looks like they switched the 7 and the 1 when they stamped the VIN plate.
:thumb

VIN# on 69 coupe

Anything is possible, but not likely it was not caught on the assembly line. Just the same, could be simple human error.

The first 7 is the car line series code. All 69s have the first 7. Looks like they switched the 7 and the 1 when they stamped the VIN plate.

other than human error I can not explain it.If the title was lost at one time and reissued maybe the mistake was made at that point.inverting those two numbers would be an easy mistake to make. Just cant trace it back. Going to try and find the chasis numbers and hope they match the block numbers also

A typo error on a title or a transfer document is one thing. An error on a stamped metal plate is another. Somebody goofed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom